Grilled flank steak is always a hit around my house and when you add a quick and easy marinade, you’ve got steak with personality.
I love this recipe because the marinade only needs an hour to work its magic. It will not hurt the steak if it stays on longer. So either last minute or planning ahead gives you great results.
I think it’s the combination of ginger, soy and hoisin sauces that really kicks up the flavor and transforms the rich meat into something totally complex.
My family gobbles this down without hesitation, it’s just a wonderful quick meal, which I am all about these days!!!
Place flank steak in a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Whisk together mustard, lime juice, Worcestershire, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper until smooth, then pour over steak and turn to coat with marinade. Chill, covered, 1 hour or longer.
The size and thickness of your steak as well as the type of grill you use will determine how long to cook your steak. I used a preheated gas grill, placing the steak over indirect heat (the grill had been sprayed with PAM) for about 10 minutes on each side for medium doneness.
Let the steak stand for 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain. Season to taste with salt.
Quick-Marinated Flank Steak
Other Flank Steak Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Ultimate Asian Flank Steak Marinade ~ Just a Taste
- Cumin Marinated Grilled Flank Steak ~ Savory Simple
- Grilled Teriyaki Flank Steak ~ Recipe Girl
- Beer Marinated Grilled Flank Steak ~ Cookin’ Canuck
- Cuban Flank Steak ~ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- One Year Ago: Green Salad with Smoky Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Two Years Ago: Coffin Delivery