A filling and satisfying dish, this Avocado and Three Bean Salad is the perfect side to any meal. It's ready in minutes and you likely have most of the ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator. See this recipe made on video here.
Summer weather has hit here in Oregon with temperatures in the high 90's. It has me reaching for easy recipes that do not require the stove or the oven. It also helps that this salad is not laden with a heavy dressing, letting the beans and fresh veggies stand out. I'm telling you it's amazing!
I know so many of us are accustomed to the classic three bean salad with green beans, garbanzos and kidney beans with a tangy vinaigrette. This recipe adds some southwest flair to mix or maybe it's Tex-Mex in its own way.
On their own the beans are colorful and beautiful and make up a flavorful base for this salad.
When all the ingredients are together not only is this salad a delicious side dish, but it will stand out on your buffet table. Aren't the colors are striking?!
I tossed my avocado in the lime juice before adding it to the salad, which will help keep the avocado from browning.
Since the salad can be put together in 15 minutes, you will not hesitate to make this again and again for lots of occasions. It has seriously become one of the most popular recipes on my site!
Avocado and Three Bean Salad
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernal corn, drained
- 1 large orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed or finely diced
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Note: After cutting up my avocado I tossed it in the lime juice then added the avocado and the juice to the salad. This will help with the avocado not turning brown before serving.
If you would like to see this recipe made on VIDEO, you can check it out here.
Other Three Bean Salad Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Three Bean Salad with Wild Rice
- Italian 3 Bean Salad
- 3 Bean Quinoa Salad with Lime Dressing
- Pineapple Three Bean Salad