A simple way to enjoy pizza on the grill with naan bread as your base. Barbecue sauce, fresh mozzarella, rotisserie chicken and delicious California avocado make this a perfect appetizer or a meal everyone will love.
Is it just me, or is anyone else shut down by their husband any time you want to use the grill? If I even mention that I am going to turn it on...a million reasons why I shouldn't ensues . What is it about the whole act of grilling that makes it a well-protected sport among the male species? Please tell me I am not the only one experiencing this?
However, the other day I had to break it to my husband that I was having a "girls only" luncheon and grilled pizza was on the menu. He gave me the "deer in headlights" look, because there was nothing he could do to involve himself in the grilling since he wasn't going to be home (insert maniacal laughter here). I win!
First of all I wanted to grill naan bread as my base. It has such a nice texture after it's slightly charred and makes the perfect vehicle for a pizza. Brush a little olive oil on the naan, completely coating the whole surface, front and back.
Preheat the grill for a few minutes before throwing the naan on the grates. For nice grill marks lay something heavy on top of the bread.
Let the bread cool a bit and start layering with a little barbecue sauce and cover it in fresh mozzarella.
This is a great way to use up the leftover rotisserie chicken from the night before. I toss it with a little barbecue sauce too.
On top of all the other goodness, you're going to add slices of incredibly nutritious California avocados. Avocados contain over twenty different vitamins and minerals and are prized for their healthy fats, fiber and various other nutrients. Make sure to add as many as you can fit!!
Such a great meal! You will not believe how delicious this tastes!
One slice will not be enough.
Let us know if you give this recipe a try.
Grilled Avocado-Barbecue Chicken Naan Pizza
- naan bread
- olive oil
- barbecue sauce
- fresh mozzarella slices
- shredded rotisserie chicken
- California avocado
- finely chopped red onion
- black pepper
- Preheat grill on high. Brush both sides of naan bread with olive oil. Turn off the grill completely and place naan bread on grill. Put something heavy on top of the bread if you would like visible grill marks. Grill each side for about two minutes each. Remove and let cool slightly.
- To make the pizza, layer each piece of naan bread with barbecue sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese slices, shredded rotisserie chicken (that has been mixed with extra barbecue sauce), sliced avocado and red onion.
- You will want to grill the pizza over indirect heat only, using your grill as more of an oven. In other words, if you have three burners, only preheat two for this next step. If you have two burners, only preheat one burner. Place layered pizza on the side of the grill that is not lit. Close the cover and let cook until the toppings are melted to your liking, about five minutes. Remove and cut into slices with a pizza cutter.
- ~Ingredient amounts were not given for this recipe since you can easily make one pizza or as many as you need for the group you are serving.
More Grilling Recipes with Avocados:
- Cheese-Filled Grilled Avocados
- Bacon-Avocado Cheeseburger
- Grilled Avocado Tacos
- Grilled Avocado and Peach Salsa