Reason 7,456,867.098 I love summer....homemade ice cream, infused with fresh summer fruit. It's addicting. And when OXO challenges and inspires you to make ice cream with some of their really awesome ice cream gear (#IceCreamForOXO), it's time to step up. No arm twisting necessary!
Not too long ago, when I made my Cinnamon Peach Smoothies, I thought this would be amazing as ice cream too. I was right! It's creamy and has a very wonderful delicate peach and cinnamon flavor. It's the perfect after dinner taste. Sprinkle each bowlful with some crumbled shortbread and boom, it's over-the-top.
Pealing peaches with a knife results in too much lost peach flesh. The proper technique for peeling peaches is to quickly blanch them in boiling water. The skin peels right off.
As I mentioned before, OXO sent me a boatload of goodies to make ice cream with. First was this sugar dispenser I am completely in love with. I adore the way the opening pops out and doesn't stick like my other sugar dispensers, making it easier to control what's pouring out. It's also very handsome in design and looks great sitting on my counter.
I am a science nerd so I almost died when I saw this set of beaker measuring cups. I've used them for everything from baking to making cocktails. They are the new cutest thing in my kitchen and give me the most precise measurement every time.
Whip up your eggs with sugar before tempering them with the rest of the heated mixture.
I had never considered an angled measuring cup until now. After using it, it makes so much more sense than pouring a liquid in and checking the side of the container to see if you've measured correctly. Looking through the top avoids all the awkward bending necessary when measurements are printed only on the sides. This one has both options.
Fresh peaches are incorporated into the custard before it is chilled for authentic peach flavor.
To help get the ice cream out of my ice cream maker, this sweet silicone spatula in raspberry was provided. I loved it's durability when it came to scraping out the sides of the freezer bowl.
Freeze the finished ice cream in a freezer safe container for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Can you see the little bits of peach in the ice cream?
Fresh Peach and Cinnamon Ice Cream
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1-3/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Using a knife, score the bottom of each peach with an "x". Place in the boiling water for 45 seconds and remove. Once cool enough to handle, peel the skin and finely chop peaches.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the peaches, 1/4 cup of the sugar and corn syrup. Heat the peaches until warm and the sugar has been incorporated, about 5 minutes. Pour into a large bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar. In the same saucepan you cooked the peaches, add 1-1/4 cups of the cream, milk and cinnamon. Heat gradually, bringing it to a simmer, never letting it boil. Slowly whisk this mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Return this mixture to the saucepan and heat over low heat until it is thick-enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon and leave streaks in the pan. About 4-6 minutes. Never boil.
- Pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into the peach mixture. Transfer 3/4 of this mixture t a blender of food processor and puree until smooth. Pour the puree back into the peach mixture. Add vanilla and remaining 1/2 cup of cream, whisk to blend. Refrigerate until cold, 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Transfer the cold custard to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacture's directions. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm.
To get the perfect round balls of ice cream, the OXO ice cream scoop is the best I have ever used. It's shape allows you to make the perfect scoop of ice cream every time. Not all scoops are created equal.
One Year Ago: Smokey Soft taco Roll Ups with Avocado-Garlic Dipping Sauce
Two Years Ago: Grilled Pound Cake with Warm Peach Coulis and Chantilly Cream
Five Years Ago: Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream
Six Years Ago: Uninvited Guests
Disclosure: This post is sponsored content by OXO. As always, all opinions are my own. This post also contains affiliate links.