I am so excited about this breakfast sandwich. I have been making it over and over this summer as well as many other versions in anticipation for back-to-school this coming Tuesday morning. It's so easy to fall into the rut of cereal for breakfast but with this I will be sending kids off with an effortless warm meal on school mornings.
When I was in Austin at Blogher Food this past June, I met the Hamilton Beach team and they were making sandwiches with this really cool Breakfast Sandwich Maker. It's the cutest, little compact machine.
You place half of an English Muffin, croissant or bagel on the bottom with your choice of ingredients on top of the bread, then pour an egg into the egg plate and top with the other half of your bread. You can be really creative in what you choose to make up your sandwich. Close the machine and in five minutes you have the perfect breakfast sandwich. My kids absolutely love the different sandwiches I have come up with and my husband says he wants one at his desk. Ha-ha. I guess he'll need a refrigerated drawer too.
I am so excited to be giving away one of these cute little machines so that you too can be making your family these awesome sandwiches. And while it's called a breakfast sandwich maker, I use it for lunch and dinner too.
The machine itself is really compact and would fit easily into a deep drawer or on a cabinet shelf.
When the sandwich is done cooking the egg plate you see above slides out and the sandwich comes together as one.
It is really easy to clean with its nonstick surfaces. I know you will enjoy having one of these in your kitchen.
BBQ Bacon-Onion-Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 English Muffin, sliced in half
- 2 Tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 Tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 slice cooked bacon* sliced in half
- 1 frozen onion ring, (thawed about 5 minutes and flattened slightly)
- 1 large egg
- Preheat Breakfast Sandwich Maker until green ready light comes on. Lift cover, top ring and cooking plate.
- Spread half of English muffin with 1 Tablespoon barbecue sauce and place it in bottom ring of the Breakfast Sandwich Maker. Top with cheese, sliced bacon and onion ring.
- Lower cooking plate and top ring. Spray cooking plate with a small amount of cooking spray. Add egg to cooking plate. Pierce yolk with a fork. Top with remaining English muffin that has been spread with another tablespoon of barbecue sauce.
- Close cover. Cook 5 minutes. Rotate cooking plate handle clockwise until it stops. Lift cover and rings and carefully remove sandwich with a plastic spatula.
- *I keep pre-cooked bacon in my refrigerator at all times. Costco's Kirkland brand is one you can microwave easily and use quickly for this sandwich. Otherwise cook up a double batch of bacon on the weekend and refrigerate for using in sandwiches during the week.
To enter the giveaway, please use the Rafflecopter Widget below, it might take a second or two to load. All winning entries will be verified, so please make sure to follow all prompts correctly. Giveaway is open to residents of the United States only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: Hamilton Beach gave me a sandwich maker to use, try out and review, as well as one for this giveaway. I was not compensated in any other way.