Biscoff-Nutella Blondies

P1340019x
I was having an extraordinary sweet tooth moment when I made these. I had first thought I was only going to make Biscoff blondies but the Biscoff just happened to be next to the Nutella in the pantry. I kind of felt sorry for the Nutella, since I’ve sort of abandoned it lately for Biscoff…which you can often find in my purse for those must-have-sweet-cravings. I know, its sick.

What? You’ve never tried Biscoff? You need to get to the store now, it’s in the peanut butter aisle. It’s mainstream now, I just saw it on sale in this weeks Walmart ad. I think that makes it mainstream. It’s amazing and fabulous and it pairs quite well with Nutella. And butterscotch chips.

P1340022x

Look at those perfect edges. I made the blondies with my Magic Pan. I love that thing…it is far superior to any other baking pans I have. I also used it in this recipe and it worked just as well, again, perfect edges. I can highly recommend getting one if you don’t have one already.

And make these blondies, you will not be disappointed in this indulgent treat.

Print Recipe

Biscoff-Nutella Blondies

Recipe from: Created by Noble Pig & Inspired by All You Magazine | Serves: 24 Blondies

Ingredients

• 1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
  • 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon table salt
  • 1-1/2 cups butterscotch chips
  • 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup Biscoff spread (creamy or crunchy)
  • 1/4 cup Nutella
  • confectioners' sugar

Directions

• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan and line with foil, letting foil hang 3 inches over the 2 long edges. Grease foil.
  • Combine butter and sugar in a large pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved (mixture will not look combined). Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Whisk in 2 whole eggs and vanilla.
  • In a bowl, whisk flour with baking powder and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture; mix until smooth. Fold in butterscotch chips.
  • Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with egg yolk, Biscoff and Nutella until smooth.
  • Gently combine sugar-butterscotch mixture with Biscoff-Nutella mixture. Do not fully incorporate but just sort of swirl together. Spread evenly in pan.
  • Bake until blondies are just set in the center and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack, then cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled; overnight is best. Run a sharp knife along edges of pan to loosen, then remove blondies from pan using foil handles. Cut into squares and serve at room temperature.

P1340016x
I’m sorry, but you won’t be able to eat just one.

Three Years Ago: Blueberry Crisp

14 Comments and 10 Replies

1. These sound so fabulous! Awesome bar recipe :)

Yippee…a sweet treat without chocolate. Sounds absolutely decadent. Thanks. Hope it is as easy as it sounds.

3. KG 5

Excuse me. Deep breath. INHALE.

I can’t find Biscoff spread in stores near me…but I know I can get it online. And I might just be that desperate.

• Cathy 6

Really, I’m surprised, it’s everywhere now. Are you in a small town somewhere?

• KG 7

Haha, I live on the far side of nowhere. I’m surrounded by desert, but on the plus side? Amazing view of the Organ Mountains out my bedroom window.

• Laura 8

Do you have a trader Joe’s near you? They sell a cookie spread that’s pretty much exactly the same as the more expensive biscoff, good luck though. I made the bars tonight, yum. Well worth the trouble to find the spread.

4. lol Love the bit about feeling sorry for Nutella :) I am a huge fan of blondies and why I have never try them with Biscoff is beyond me! Need to fix it ASAP. Thanks, Cathy!

5. These look dangerously good, Cathy! Biscoff and Nutella are troublesome for me – so good and so little self-control 😉

6. Debbie 13

Looks amazing! Another must to try. I am maybe missing an egg yolk? I see it to be mixed with the cream cheese but only see two whole eggs in recipe? Thanks!

7. Melissa 15

I have always wanted to try Biscoff, these look like a great reason to buy it. (We always, always, always have Nutella stocked-my 4 year old is addicted.)

• Cathy 16

You will love it!

• Debbie 17

I made these the other day for work- wow! I knew hubby would want some so I made a second, half batch. I was low on the butterscotch chips at that point and supplemented with some mini choc chips. Still turned out great! Thanks for another winning recipe. Due to waistband restrictons, I will have to wait to make the lucky charms ice cream for a couple of weeks. Thanks again!

8. Patty 19

Such a fun blondie recipe, you’ve included many of my favorites;-) They look fantastic all stacked up and ready for serving!

9. I’ve never used biscoff. I know, worst food blogger in the world since it’s super trendy. But these blondies look so delicious!

10. OMG!!!! These bars look irresistible!!!!

11. Rachel (S[d]OC) 22

Two addictive spreads in one bar? Just brilliant! You never fail to surprise me!

12. NancyC 23

I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! If you would like to participate, see this post: link to nancycreative.com

13. Oh. no. You. Did. Ent. I am in love with Biscoff these days – Cookie Butter from Trader Joes, same thing. And Nutella, perennial fav. You just put them together. Thank you. And, I love you. :-)