When I make a dessert like this, one that is so simple, effortless really, I think back to all the desserts I’ve put together that take so much energy and time…and I laugh. Because this dessert has so much flavor and tastes so special and really requires nothing from me but a few swipes of my knife.
I have always loved roasting fruit, it brings out incredible flavor and sweetness and these strawberries are no exception. Over vanilla ice cream it is something that can’t be beat.
You will laugh too over how little you need to fuss to achieve this flavor. It is also perfect for a large crowd!
Try this tonight, you won’t be disappointed, especially if you believe in simplicity.
Roasted Strawberries with Vanilla Ice Cream
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss strawberries, brown sugar and melted butter in an 8" square baking dish until berries are coated. Spread evenly in dish. Roast until berries are soft and juices are bubbling, about 15 minutes. Let cool to slightly warm.
- Spoon ice cream into 4 dessert bowls and top with fruit. Pour any juices from baking dish over fruit . Serve immediately.
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 329
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 51 mg
Two Years Ago: Snickerdoodle Cheerio Cookies