Kiwi-Lemon Cheesecake

P1330002x

This is one of those desserts you make when you are in a pinch for time.  It’s quick, it’s easy…easy, as in…no baking skills required, since it’s a no-bake dessert.  It’s the dish you make when you get a call Saturday morning to come for a barbecue that evening and you are to bring dessert.  You’ll have just enough time to get to the store and get this made.  Better yet, stock all the ingredients at home (with the exception of the kiwis) this summer, get it thrown together when the call comes in, and pick up the kiwis on the way.  You can easily add them at serving time.

The taste of this is really nice and refreshing…I guess I never put lemon and kiwi together as a flavor package but it works really well together.

Give it a try! It’s a true time-saver!

Print Recipe

Kiwi-Lemon Cheesecake

Recipe from: Rachael Ray Magazine | Serves: 6

Ingredients

• 11 ounce jar Lemon curd
  • 4 ounces Cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups Cool Whip, whipped topping
  • 1 store bought Graham cracker crust
  • 4 Kiwis

Directions

• With an electric mixer, whip lemon curd and cream cheese until doubled in size; at least 3 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip topping. Spoon into piecrust; freeze 10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, peel kiwis, halve lengthwise and thinly slice. Leave others whole and slice for variation if you like. Scatter over filling and refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 4-6 hours.

One Year Ago: Salt and Vinegar Potatoes with Rosemary

8 Comments and 3 Replies

1. Oh wow, this looks so fresh and delicious!

2. OMG, I die for cheesecake! Lemon, YUM! Kiwi, SLURP!

Vanessa

Easy Pleasy! Flavorful and beautiful Great idea!

4. Oh my, as a native New Yorker who believes cheesecake needs to be pure cream cheese, sugar and eggs . . . with maybe a splash of vanilla . . . I’m entering alien territory here. But, I have to admit, this Kiwi Lemon Cheesecake looks pretty delish.

Although if you hurl it at a mugger, it will NOT stop him in his tracks, the way a REAL cheesecake will.

Love your recipes!
    Cass

• Cathy 5

Ha-ha! And, no, this should not replace the real-deal. This is only a quick fix dessert, I bow to Mom’s NY Cheesecake recipe for the “real thing”. link to noblepig.com

• Just checked out your Mom’s cheesecake recipe — now THAT looks like it could fell an elephant at 50 paces. LOVE IT.
        Yum. Your Mama had cheesecake skills.
        Have a fabulous June!
        Cass

• I have been meaning to tell you that some of your dip recipes have become regulars at our family parties. My sister loves the Reuben Dip so much that at our Christmas Open House I swear she crawled right up into the dish to finish it all.
          Ruined her slacks, but it was worth it.
          All the best … Cass

5. Wow! too good! I like the idea of quick cheesecake, that too at home.The colors are lovely too :)

6. Oh wow! So pretty! I love the sound of this!

7. Kim in MD 10

This looks so simple and delicious! I love kiwi, and for some reason I have never thought to use them in a cheesecake!

Cathy- I love your new blog design! I especially love the family photos. You have a beautiful family!

8. Lynda 11

I love this idea-easy and delicious too. I love kiwi and had not thought to use it on cheesecake. And with lemon curd!
    I love your new design too.