This is one of those desserts you make when you are in a pinch for time. It’s quick, it’s easy…easy, as in…no baking skills required, since it’s a no-bake dessert. It’s the dish you make when you get a call Saturday morning to come for a barbecue that evening and you are to bring dessert. You’ll have just enough time to get to the store and get this made. Better yet, stock all the ingredients at home (with the exception of the kiwis) this summer, get it thrown together when the call comes in, and pick up the kiwis on the way. You can easily add them at serving time.
The taste of this is really nice and refreshing…I guess I never put lemon and kiwi together as a flavor package but it works really well together.
Give it a try! It’s a true time-saver!
- 11 ounce jar Lemon curd
- 4 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Cool Whip, whipped topping
- 1 store bought Graham cracker crust
- 4 Kiwis
- With an electric mixer, whip lemon curd and cream cheese until doubled in size; at least 3 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip topping. Spoon into piecrust; freeze 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel kiwis, halve lengthwise and thinly slice. Leave others whole and slice for variation if you like. Scatter over filling and refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 4-6 hours.
One Year Ago: Salt and Vinegar Potatoes with Rosemary