I am always looking for the perfect treat to go with my morning coffee as well as my afternoon tea. If I'm going to bake something, it might as well do double duty. This bar is the perfect rustic balance of something not too tart or not to sweet. I love the oatmeal in here too. It makes it healthy right?
What's nice is the creamy filling and how easily it all comes together. I whipped these bars up in the morning and was sipping my Cinnamon-Apple Spice tea with them in the afternoon.
If you are having a bake sale, these are a great item, as they are very sturdy. You'll sell out! And since this uses dried blueberries, you can make them all year long.
Blueberry-Lemon Oatmeal Bars
Two Years Ago: Easy Grape and Rosemary Foccacia
Three Years Ago: Maple Pan-Roasted Baby Carrots
Four Years Ago: I Have a Conundrum
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- I want them all! Chocolate Peanut Butter #Cookies https://t.co/oFv3h7LvU9 via @Buns_In_My_Oven https://t.co/5OpgMOc1Vb, 3 hours ago
- Why does the power only go out when it's dark? @ McMinnville, Oregon https://t.co/ufNz3KBWiq, 14 hours ago
- Layered Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownies https://t.co/hkE31T5x64 #NationalBrownieDay https://t.co/TF4frt92wr, 17 hours ago
- #snowmageddon2016 in #Mcminnville #oregon. We love our red barns out here. https://t.co/zMG6ruNhDr, 18 hours ago
- Lots of snow in #McMinnville today. #snowmageddon2016 #oregon https://t.co/IC9NGGTd1l, 18 hours ago