I went to Costco this past week. I swear they take all of my money. Okay, I do give it to them willingly, but geez it's impossible to control myself there. The meat...it's fabulous. The produce...it's perfect. The goodies, gadgets and everything else...gotta have it.
I came home with loads of sugar snap peas, apples, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, rib-eye steaks, lamb chops, gigantical shrimps, lump crab, already-peeled hard-boiled eggs, bulbs for the garden, garden pots, spring cleaning supplies, dog treats, Pioneer Woman's new cookbook (I have to make those donuts), regular almonds, sliced almonds, pinenuts, crackers, spreads, cheeses and deli meats, fresh white socks, new Spring colored towels... OMG the list goes on and on. I begged my husband to go by himself..."leave me at home, I'll give you a list". I know the damage I do there. He took me anyway. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
My checkout guy said, "Hey, this is better than gambling. At least you get to go home with lots of stuff." Umm, yeah, that's one way of looking at it. Thanks for the analogy?? It was a strange conversation that quickly turned to him also having psychic abilities. Okay...bye Mr. Checkout Man, I'll make sure to not come in your weird line again. Bub-bye. It was odd, just take my word for it.
Anyway, what I also consider a major score at Costco is already peeled and cubed butternut squash. And as an aside, I have never had a local grocery store that carries fresh butternut already cut up. Not to mention those same stores have never carried it frozen either. I would buy it frozen...I think. I absolutely hate cutting up raw butternut. It scares me. I just know the knife is going to flip and cut off something or scar me forever. Bad. I've watched videos, I've tried...I don't like it. I've done the whole hand-knife-cutting-stitches thing....it wasn't fun.
So I got this butternut home and before I even put all my Costco loot away, I started in on it. Melting butter and sugar and five spice....heavenly. Just heavenly. Husband not amused that as he was lugging in the 50 loads of merchandise I couldn't live without, I was completely distracted by getting this in the oven. Oops.
Roasted Brown Sugar-Five Spice Butternut Squash
I love butternut squash so much I want to serve it as an appetizer....I wonder what people would think?
Three Years Ago: Sweet Potato Spice Cookies
Four Years Ago: Peanut Butter-Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins
Noble Pig Beanie Hat$15.00
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Sweet, tangy and with a side of heat is how these Slow Cooker Root Beer Beans roll. They are… https://t.co/bBcBtrihGK, 10 hours ago
- RT @frugalfoodiemom: ~New #Recipe ~ Lunchbox #Pizza Rollups- tasty #DairyFuel for BTS! https://t.co/b36hijrVvc #sponsored by @adamideast https://t.co/dqXIHn7Gcu, 13 hours ago
- RT @CricketsSnacks: New recipe Friday. These peach galette is gluten free with no refined sugars and delicious! https://t.co/ZvWWe84jzn https://t.co/vHtUXo8095, 13 hours ago
- RT @amindfullmom: Grilled Pork Tenderloin w/ Cheesy Grits & Broccoli Pesto - https://t.co/3EqYb6M2HX @SargentoCheese @FoodNetwork #ad https://t.co/pqYWIC63f3, 13 hours ago
- RT @casadecrews: Homemade #BBQ Sauce - perfect for the summer! https://t.co/UHdymalXqD https://t.co/anj3btGlvV, 13 hours ago