Snickerdoodle Cheerio Cookies

First day of summer vacation meant a day in the kitchen baking with my boys. My youngest, as many of you know, is a Snickerdoodle fiend. I was so excited when a reader sent me this recipe last week. We are always up for Snickerdoodle anything.

I loved the Honey Nut Cheerio addition as well as the oats. This cookie was crunchy and soft, the perfect change up in a favorite cookie.

The hardest part was waiting for the dough to chill before rolling it in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.

You’ll have to give these a try, I think you’ll love them.

Mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.

Beat butter and both sugars together on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla beat for an additional minute. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the dry ingredients until well blended. Fold in cheerios.

Chill the dough for 2 hours, as dough will be too soft to roll in sugar without chilling. Once chilled, roll dough into balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for 12-14 minutes in a 375o F oven (let them sit on the cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before moving cookies to a cooling rack).

Absolutely loved these.

1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1-3/4 cups Honey Nut Cheerios

For cinnamon-sugar:
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Other Snickerdoodle recipes you might enjoy:

Snickerdoodle Pie
Banana Snickerdoodles
Snickerdoodle Ice Cream
Snickerdoodle Muffins

29 Comments and 2 Replies

1. annbb 1

Put Cheerios on top of a steak and I’ll be happy! And those cookies look like the perfect dessert!

2. Jules 2

I am making these tomorrow–Snickerdoodles are my husbands favorite cookie, and the Cheerios make it healthier!

I have been a fan of your blog for awhile, so gave you an award!

link to alittlebiteoflife.net

3. The kids would love these Cathy. I would love anything with cinnamon.

4. My husband is a snicker doodle fiend as well! I’m definitely going to make these.

5. I love all the Snickerdoodley things you find and come up with!

6. Lisa H. 6

Making them!

7. I’ve made cheerio cookies before but not made like a snickerdoodle, they sound awesome, thanks!

8. Sasa 8

Snickerdoodles! We don’t have them in NZ but I want to try them just because the name is so cute!

9. Cheryl 9

Our last day of second grade is Tuesday and I JUST bought a monstrously large box of HoneyNut Cheerios. Victory. :)

10. Lari 10

Perfect timing for Father’s Day, since the DH (and the kids) love Snickerdoodles, and these look like a lot of fun! Just one question: All the Snickerdoodle recipes I’ve used call for cream of tartar, and I was wondering if cookies (or muffins) made without it would noticeably change the distinctive “tang”, or the texture… thanks for any thoughts; sorry if that falls under the heading of “dumb questions”!

11. Oh my. These look beyond gorgeous. Love your blog, your recipes, and pretty much everything. Going to make my family happy this summer with many of your fabulous recipes. Thanks! xo Lidy

12. Noble Pig 12

Yes, the taste is a little different but it’s not missed, at least by us.

13. Julie 13

These look scrumptious! I look the cheerios in there.

14. These are really great. I will have to try them. I have a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that uses chow mein noodles. Secret ingredients are a fun thing. I love your blog. My kids and their friends like the pepperoni puffs that you shared.

very excellent, cathy! snickerdoodles are a sure hit with me, and i’d love the crunch from the cheerios. well done!

16. I love these and if I find a box of cheerios here in Beirut I will make them!

17. I love that you keep us in the snickerdoodle loop!!

I just found a recipe for Raisin Bran muffins and now Cheerio cookies?!

I’m in cereal baking heaven.
    xoxo

I am a huge snickerdoodle fan! Can’t wait to try these!

19. YUM!!!! An awesome, nut-free bake sale item!!!

20. Dianne 20

I bake like crazy during the summer (no school), and these are on the list for the next new thing to try. We did your maple bacon chocolate chip cookies last week and had many happy friends!

21. love it! i just got some banana cheerios i’m going to try this with.

I have to give this a try–;love the idea of the crunchy cheerios in Snickerdoodles.

23. Oh my gosh, these cookies look so incredible! Can’t wait to give them a try!

24. now thats an incredible cookie! I could certainly go thru a nice plateful!

25. Angie 25

What a great idea! Help! Would like to make for VBS this coming week. About how large is the cookie dough roll (1 T ?? or ??). Also, about how many does this recipe make? THANKS!!!

• Cathy 26

Yes right size, and I’m thinking about 18 large cookies but I can’t remember exactly. I can’t believe I don’t have that on there. Ugh.

26. Marti O 27

I have made these many times following your directions and they are awesome. My husband LOVES them. I only put 8 coolies on a sheet and on top of parchment paper. Also do not put them on a warm cookie sheet. I bake them 6 minutes and turn the cookie sheet around..then another 5-6 minutes. I always let them cool on the pan and then remove.

27. Becky D 28

Made these today using the Cascadian Farms version (Honey Nut O’s) and my kids loved them!

28. Marty 29

Oh PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE have a widget for “printing” recipes! This is about the ONLY site I use recipes from – y’all give me more than I can actually try and make – it would be very appreciated. C/P with six kids buzzing around me isn’t as easy as it sounds, and if I don’t print when I see…I get a bit distracted and forget.

• Cathy 30

Sorry Marty, older recipes have not all been converted to printables yet…getting there. Just copy and paste for now. All recipes in the past two years though are printable. Have a great day.

29. Kendra 31

This looks delicious! My husband loves snickerdoodles too but theyre not one of my favorites so I haven’t made them many times and I don’t have my go to recipe yet. What is yours? I’ll have to try this one sometime but for now he just wants plain snickerdoodles.