Who does not need a Bailey's Irish Cream Cake for tomorrow? Trust me you do. If you are out of Baileys, run out and get some, it will be on sale this week.
Is this cake good? OMG. Yes.
Don't just save this for St. Paddy's Day...any day will work just fine.
When I saw it, I knew I had to have it. So I did.
You can have it too.
Let's make it together...
For the cake you will need: Pecans, yellow cake mix, instant vanilla pudding, eggs, water, vegetable oil and Irish Cream liqueur.
Start by greasing and flouring a 10-inch bundt pan. Sprinkle 1 cup chopped pecans over the bottom.
In a large bowl, with a mixer, combine yellow cake mix, vanilla instant pudding mix, 4 eggs, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 3/4 cup Irish Cream liqueur.
Pour batter over nuts in pan. Bake for 60 minutes in a 325 degree oven or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
Flip the cake out of the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
While the cake is cooling, make the glaze.
Here's what you will need for the glaze: Butter, granulated sugar, water and Irish Cream liqueur.
Combine 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup water and 1 cup granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup Irish Cream liqueur.
Prick top and sides of cooled cake with a skewer.
Spoon glaze over top and brush onto sides of cake. Allow the cake to absorb the glaze and repeat until most of the glaze is used. Save some glaze to pour over sliced pieces. You'll be glad you did.
This cake will disappear fast.
It's so easy to make. How can you not do it?
Here's where reserving some of the extra glaze comes in. Nice.
Bailey's Irish Cream Cake
Recipe Credit: Recipe Girl with a slight change
One Year Ago: Three Things My Husband Has Never Forgiven Me For
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- 12 Swoon-Worthy Grilled Desserts http://t.co/u2L7NEyWT2 perfect for your upcoming BBQ. @ParadeMagazine http://t.co/moh0hlHyrP, 14 hours ago
- RT @spskillet: Patriotic Pretzels that are perfect for 4th of July or any day of the year - http://t.co/p8dafGab0f via @noblepig http://t.co/6X60fAZvJa, 14 hours ago
- RT @CarriesExpKtchn: Red White and Blue Sangria http://t.co/bKrD7Tx0zu @noblepig http://t.co/Pw0Rsi4omg, 14 hours ago
- RT @MooreorlessCook: 10 MUST MAKE DESSERTS FOR SUMMER!! http://t.co/pDQV08PJbQ PIN IT: https://t.co/NcI0uLeMFW http://t.co/dJgAybC8N6, 14 hours ago
- #Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles http://t.co/RaSeMfreRq via @TidyMom luv the Nilla Wafer addition! @nabisco http://t.co/JuCYoQrVwe, Jun 29