The leprechaun traps are set. My kids spent hours setting up a menagerie of pranks hoping to catch a trickster of their very own.
They dug in their piggy banks for a length of time, searching desperately for golden dollar coins. Apparently these shiny objects will possibly lure the leprechauns into their lair of box traps.
It was hilarious listening to their banter while the trap building was taking place. "Those leprechauns are tricky but they'll never get out of this." "They behave so bad and they're messy". "They have weird, tricky eyes." It cracked me up.
After they fell asleep, I of course single-handedly destroyed all their handy-hard-work. I flipped the traps over...spread lucky charms everywhere, confiscated the golden ransom, flipped the dining room chairs on their sides, two tables are turned completely over and dumped a whole bucket of toys onto the floor.
I also pulled out all of the Playstation game controllers and made it look like the little green bandits were playing Lego Star Wars all night long.
Let's not forget all the toilet bowl water has also been dyed green.
After essentially destroying the downstairs it dawned on me I would be the one cleaning it all up. Bummer.
It's a good thing I have a pitcher of these Glowing Geckos in the fridge to lighten things up. Their color is perfect for any St. Paddy's celebration. They really do glow.
Let's make these to celebrate...
Here's what you will need: Midori melon liqueur, vodka, rum, Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice, sweet-and-sour mix and ice.
Combine 1 ounce Midori melon liqueur, 1/2 ounce vodka, 1/2 ounce rum, 1/2 ounce Rose's Lime Juice and 1 ounce sweet-and-sour mix in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a martini glass over ice.
I still had some Key Limes hanging around so used them as garnish.
I left out the ice for picture taking purposes but these are good when cold.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
One Year Ago: Did You Know I Am A Sentimentalist
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Ready for a sip of this Apple Pie #Sangria https://t.co/LzgZYb5aPA via @cookierookiebec https://t.co/cQGCv9Olln, 1 hour ago
- RT @KudosKitchen: WOW your family and friends this year by making this easy Colorful Autumn Leaves Apple Pie. https://t.co/tCbtR78Jb9 https://t.co/jH0Sw2McAm, 1 hour ago
- RT @The_Chunky_Chef: These easy Cajun Fried Pickles make it easy to have restaurant quality appetizers, at home! #BrightBites #ad… https://t.co/gmCeeh2YTS, 1 hour ago
- RT @LemonTreeCathy: Caramel Apple Carving = our new favorite fall tradition! So fun & easy enough for little hands!… https://t.co/MMdWF5U31v, 1 hour ago
- Beer-Cider Slam https://t.co/vl4bYmthSX #NationalAmericanBeerDay https://t.co/wgtQhaR1Hk, 3 hours ago