Quick Chicken and Pesto Pasta
Get dinner on the table with this Quick Chicken and Pesto Pasta. It's full of flavor and makes great leftovers for lunch.
Servings 6 people
- 1-1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, sliced lengthwise for quick cooking
- 2 tbsp olive oil or other high temperature oil
- 12 oz bow-tie pasta
- 6-7 oz jar prepared pesto
- 1 (16) oz jar roasted red peppers, drained, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan for serving
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Season chicken well with salt and pepper. Warm oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until it is no longer pink inside, about 6-7 minutes per side. Let rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes and then cut into 1/2" pieces.
Add bow-tie pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
In a large bowl combine pasta and pesto. Add chicken and red pepper. Toss and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Calories: 480kcal | Protein: 34.7g | Fat: 23.8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3.3g | Cholesterol: 11.7mg | Sodium: 252.1mg | Fiber: 4.7g | Sugar: 4.6g | Calcium: 13.4mg | Iron: 10.2mg