Crispy Air Fryer Parmesan Chickpeas
Servings: 3-1/2 cups
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, drained and patted completely dry
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated (crumbly) Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas under cold water, patting completely dry with a paper towel.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently until chickpeas are covered uniformly in seasonings.
- Set air fryer to 390 degrees F. Divide chickpeas into three batches, air frying one batch at a time as to not overcrowd them. Air fry for 5-6 minutes, remove and shake the basket and air fry for another 5 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached. Repeat with each batch until done.
- Serve immediately or cool chickpeas in a single layer on paper towels or parchment sheets before storing in parchment bags for up to three days.