Bacon Broccoli Salad
Bacon Broccoli Salad is full of fresh ingredients like broccoli florets and crunchy apple and packed with crispy bacon and sunflower seeds. A light and tangy dressing pulls it all together.
Servings 12 1/2 cup servings
- 1 large head broccoli (8 ounces/226 g), cut into florets and roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 8 oz (226 g) bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 oz (113 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup (50 g) raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup (250 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsps (30 ml) avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp finely ground sea salt or 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Add the chopped broccoli, diced red onion, diced apple, bacon crumbles, shredded cheddar cheese, and sunflower seeds to a large bowl and toss to combine.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, avocado oil, sugar, ground mustard, sea salt, and black pepper until well-combined.
Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and stir well to coat.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Gently stir the salad before serving.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.6g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 23.5g | Saturated Fat: 5.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.4g | Cholesterol: 23.7mg | Sodium: 350mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 1.4g | Sugar: 2.7g | Vitamin A: 7.7IU | Vitamin C: 29.2mg | Calcium: 11.8mg | Iron: 3.1mg