Spicy Low Carb Hamburger Soup
Easy, delicious and ready in under thirty minutes, this Spicy Low Carb Hamburger Soup is a hearty and warming dinner. Since it makes a large batch, there will be enough leftovers for lunches and dinners that week. This soup is keto friendly.
Servings 14 cups
- 1 tbsp chile powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 lbs ground beef chuck
- 1-3/4 cups (8 oz/229 g) chopped celery
- 8 cups beef broth or beef bone broth
- 1 (12 oz) can nacho sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin
- 1 medium ripe avocado (about 6 oz when whole), peeled and seeded
- 3 cups pre-shredded Mexican Style cheese blend
- garnish each bowl with more avocado, cheese, sour cream and your favorite hot sauce
In a small bowl, combine chile powder, paprika, cumin, garlic, onion powder, cayenne and salt. Set aside.
In a large Dutch oven (7 quart), brown ground beef until almost done and add previously made seasoning blend, stirring to incorporate fully into the meat. Add celery and continue to saute for about 2 minutes more. Pour in beef broth and bring to a boil.
Meanwhile, in a blender, puree jalapenos, pumpkin and avocado until smooth. Add puree to boiling liquid and stir until fully incorporated and smooth. Turn off heat. Stir in cheese.
Garnish each bowl with more avocado, cheese, sour cream and your favorite hot sauce.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.6g | Protein: 18.4g | Fat: 19.9g | Saturated Fat: 8.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 760mg | Potassium: 115.9mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 1.9g | Vitamin A: 3810IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 1.7mg