This easy to make Bailey’s Irish Cream Cake is tender and uniquely flavorful. The Irish cream liqueur in the batter and the glaze is a double whammy of deliciousness.
Bailey’s Irish Cream Cake Recipe
While this Irish Cream Bundt cake is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, it is also a welcome dessert anytime of year. Think of this cake as a well-deserved celebration cake for lots and lots of occasions.
One of my favorite things about this cake is not only how easy it is to make, but how flavorful it tastes. This dessert truly is the perfect ending to a savory meal.
Looking for Other Celebration Cakes? Try These:
- RumChata Bundt Cake
- Easy Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake with Boozy Toffee Sauce
- Limoncello Lemon Syrup Cake
Ingredients for Irish Cream Cake
- pecans – they have a crispy, buttery texture, making them perfect for this type of cake
- boxed yellow cake mix – use any brand and just know, this cake tastes nothing like a boxed mix and almost guarantees you cannot mess this cake up
- instant vanilla pudding mix – adds moisture to the cake and helps hold together its structure
- vegetable oil – canola oil is fine too
- water – straight from the tap
- Bailey’s Irish Cream – or any Irish cream brand – Irish cream is shelf stable, however, once opened it needs to be refrigerated
- eggs – large
Do not be put off by the fact this recipe uses a boxed mix. This cake is so delicious no one would ever know it started with the base of a boxed mix.
How To Make Bailey’s Irish Cream Cake
- Preheat the oven and prepare a Bundt pan with grease and flour.
- Add pecans to the bottom of the Bundt pan.
- Using a mixer, combine yellow cake mix, vanilla instant pudding mix, eggs, water, oil and Irish Cream liqueur.
- Pour the batter over the nuts in the pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Mine always takes the full sixty minutes.
- After a few minutes (at least ten), turn the cake out of the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
This cake always flips out of the pan so easily, especially if you’ve taken care to grease and flour your pan properly.
Poking holes in the finished and cooled cake, with a toothpick or wooden skewer, allows the glaze to drizzle to the inside. Another reason this cake is so delicious.
Ingredients for Irish Cream Glaze
- sugar – use granulated white sugar
- water – tap water is fine
- Irish Cream liqueur – any brand
- butter – I always recommend Kerrygold butter for the best flavor, especially in a glaze
As you can see, it does not take many ingredients to make this delicious Irish cream glaze.
How To Make Irish Cream Glaze
- Combine butter, water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add Irish Cream liqueur to the pan.
- Prick top and sides of cooled cake with a skewer or toothpick.
- Deliver the glaze to the cake by spooning glaze over top and brushing onto sides of cake.
- Allow the cake to absorb the glaze and repeat until most of the glaze is used. Save some glaze to pour over sliced pieces.
What Is Bailey’s Irish Cream Made Of?
Bailey’s Irish Cream is a mixture of Irish whiskey and Irish dairy cream. The addition of cocoa beans and vanilla is what really gives the liqueur its rich flavor.
Does Irish Cream Cake Need To Be Refrigerated?
If this cake is going to be out on the counter more than two days, then yes, refrigerate it. Otherwise, it keeps quite well on the counter.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Equipment Needed for Irish Cream Cake
- the most important piece of equipment you’ll need to make this cake is a 10-cup Bundt pan
- a small saucepan for the glaze
As far as using the right mixer, this cake works well with either a stand mixer or a hand-held mixer. When a cake is completely from scratch, I always recommend using a stand mixer to mix the ingredients.
How Do I Know the Size of My Bundt Cake Pan?
Using a measuring cup, pour water into your Bundt cake pan until it is full. Keep track of how many cups of water you poured into the pan. This will give you the cup measurement of your pan. Bundt cake recipes are written specifically with cup measurements in mind. This Irish Cream Bundt cake should be made in a 10-15 cup Bundt pan.
I can almost guarantee this will be one of the tastiest cakes you will make this year!
Please join our NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Bailey's Irish Cream Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream Liqueur
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan. Sprinkle pecans over the bottom.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer, combine yellow cake mix, vanilla instant pudding mix, eggs, water, oil and Irish Cream liqueur.
- Pour the batter over nuts in pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Flip the cake out of the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the cake is cooling, make the glaze. Combine butter, water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add Irish Cream liqueur.
- Prick top and sides of cooled cake with a skewer. Spoon glaze over top and brush onto sides of the cake. Allow the cake to absorb the glaze and repeat until most of the glaze is used. Save some glaze to pour over sliced pieces. (You'll be glad you did.)
Recipe Credit: Recipe Girl with a slight changes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.