A refreshing twist on the classic fruit salad, this honey lime version is the answer when ordinary fruit salad just won’t do. Add a bowl of this summer salad to your entertaining menu and enjoy every bite of nature’s sweet and zesty confetti.
Fruit Salad with Honey Lime
Packed with a vibrant assortment of fresh fruits, tangy lime juice, zesty lime zest, and a touch of natural sweetness from honey, this fruit salad is a burst of flavors and colors.
Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue, attending a potluck, or simply looking for a healthy snack, this fruit salad is a perfect choice.
Related: Fruit Salad with Ginger-Mint Syrup
One spoonful of this Honey Lime Fruit Salad and you’ll be hooked. It’s the kind of addictive deliciousness that makes you crave more. You’re going to savor the zesty twist with every spoonful.
Honey Lime Fruit Salad Ingredients
The foundation of this delicious honey lime fruit salad lies in the perfect combination of fruits. While there are endless possibilities, I have found these certain fruits and ingredients to blend harmoniously to create a tropical medley of flavors.
- Green and red grapes: These juicy, bite-sized fruits add a refreshing burst of sweetness and a pop of color to the salad.
- Fresh pineapple: With its tropical sweetness and vibrant yellow color, pineapple brings a tropical flair to the fruit salad.
- Strawberries: These luscious berries are not only visually appealing, but also contribute sweetness and a hint of tartness to balance the flavors.
- Clementine segments: These petite citrus gems bring a bright and tangy element to the salad, complementing the other fruits perfectly.
- Honey: Known for its natural sweetness, honey adds a delicate and rich flavor to the fruit salad. It enhances the sweetness of the fruits, without overpowering their natural taste. Opt for pure, high-quality honey for the best results.
- Lime juice: The tangy acidity of lime juice adds a refreshing zing to the fruit salad, balancing the sweetness and enhancing the flavors. It also helps to prevent the fruits from browning, keeping your salad vibrant and fresh.
- Lime zest: The fragrant lime zest provides a burst of citrus aroma and adds an extra layer of flavor to the fruit salad. I recommend using organic limes and washing them thoroughly before zesting to avoid any pesticide residues.
The full honey lime salad recipe can be found at the end of this post.
Fruit Salad FAQ’s
What fruits don’t go together in fruit salad?
This is especially important if you’re thinking about changing up the recipe.
While there are no strict rules, some fruits do not pair well together in terms of taste or texture. For example, delicate fruits like berries can get easily mashed when mixed with firmer fruits like apples or pears. Additionally, citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruits may overpower more subtle flavors. Always consider the texture, taste, and visual appeal when selecting fruits for your salad.
What do you put on fruit salad to keep it from turning brown?
Lucky for you, this salad recipe has you covered. In general, to prevent fruit salad from turning brown due to oxidation stick with these tricks utilized here:
- Citrus juice: The lime juice in this recipe will help inhibit browning. The natural acidity acts as an antioxidant and slows down the enzymatic browning process.
- Honey: Apart from adding sweetness, honey also serves as a protective coating for the fruits, reducing their exposure to air and slowing down browning.
How do you keep fruit salad from getting soggy?
To maintain the ideal texture and prevent fruit salad from becoming soggy, follow these tips:
- Cut fruits just before serving: While it may be tempting to prepare the fruit salad in advance, cutting the fruits ahead of time can lead to excess moisture accumulation and make the salad soggy. It’s best to cut the fruits shortly before assembling the salad.
- Store fruit salad in the refrigerator: If you need to make the fruit salad ahead of time, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This helps to preserve the freshness and crispness of the fruits.
Next time you’re craving a healthy and satisfying summer dessert or snack, feel free to give this Honey Lime Fruit Salad a try. Your taste buds will thank you, and your guests will be asking for the recipe. Enjoy the summer flavors and indulge heartily in the goodness of nature’s sweetest gifts!
What to Serve with Fruit Salad
These entree options provide a balance between the lightness and freshness of the fruit salad and the heartier components of the main course. They ensure a satisfying and well-rounded meal that incorporates both savory and sweet elements.
- Grilled Chicken or Turkey Breast: The light and refreshing nature of fruit salad pairs well with grilled chicken or turkey breast. The savory protein complements the sweetness of the fruit, creating a balanced and satisfying meal.
- Quinoa Salad: Combine the fruit salad with a nutritious quinoa salad. Quinoa adds protein and fiber, while the fruit salad brings a burst of freshness and sweetness. It’s a healthy and vibrant combination.
- Glazed Salmon: Serve the fruit salad alongside a succulent glazed salmon. The flavors in the salmon harmonize beautifully with the fruit salad, offering the perfect blend of sweet and tangy notes.
- Buttery Shrimp: For a tasty twist, pair the fruit salad with buttery shrimp made on a sheet pan. The juicy shrimp and the fruity salad create a summery and flavorful entrée that is both light and satisfying.
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad: Combine the fruit salad with a spinach and strawberry salad. The combination of leafy greens, juicy strawberries, and assorted fruits offers a delightful mix of flavors and textures.
- Stuffed Bell Peppers: Stuff bell peppers with a flavorful mixture and serve them alongside the fruit salad. The sweet and refreshing fruit salad complements the savory stuffed peppers, creating a well-rounded meal.
Honey Lime Love
When life gives you limes, make this Honey Lime Fruit Salad and embrace the citrusy bliss. Make sure to snap a photo and tag @NOBLEPIG and #noblepig on INSTAGRAM, so I can see how much you loved this tangy-lime sensation.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How to Make Honey Lime Fruit Salad
Honey Lime Fruit Salad
Fruit Salad Ingredients:
- 3-1/2 cups green grapes, halved
- 3-1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 3 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups peeled and separated clementine segments
Honey Lime Fruit Salad Dressing:
- zest of one lime
- 2 tbsps. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Wash and prepare the fruits.
- Add all prepared fruits to a large serving bowl.3-1/2 cups green grapes, halved, 3-1/2 cups red grapes, halved, 3 cups diced fresh pineapple, 3 cups sliced strawberries, 2 cups peeled and separated clementine segments
Honey Lime Fruit Salad Dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime zest, lime juice and honey.zest of one lime, 2 tbsps. fresh lime juice, 1 tbsp. honey
- Toss dressing with fruit and coat evenly.
- Cover and chill fruit salad in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.