This Pecan Cream Pie Lush is a creamy and fluffy spinoff of traditional pecan pie. This layered dessert is no-bake and can be ahead of time. It’s the perfect warm weather dessert for fans of pecan pie.
An Easy Pecan Cream Pie Lush Recipe For Any Gathering
Most of us are familiar with traditional pecan pie, that syrupy, sticky dessert often served over the winter holidays, but this Pecan Cream Pie Lush is an entirely different thing. This layered dessert dances around that wonderful, nutty pecan flavor of pecan pie, but it’s a completely different experience – one with a cool creamy bite.
If I had to describe the flavor and texture of this lush recipe, certain words come to mind – sweet, creamy, nutty, light mousse-like texture, with a slightly crunchy crust layer and more crunch from the pecan bits. It’s much different, but just as loved as my pecan pie bars and pecan pie cobbler recipes.
One of the best parts of this recipe, you won’t need your oven at all and it can be ahead of time. That’s a win-win for the warmer months.
How Do You Make Pecan Cream Pie Lush?
Full recipe can be found at the bottom of the post.
- You’re going to start with a graham cracker crust that gets pressed into a 9×13 inch pan.
- Next you’ll make your cheesecake layer by combining a mixture of room temperature cream cheese, thawed whipped topping, confectioners’ sugar, pecans and remaining brown sugar. This will be spread evenly over your graham cracker crust.
- Prepare the pudding layer by combining your pudding mix and milk. Be sure to let it thicken before spreading it on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Add remaining whipped topping to the pudding layer and sprinkle with more pecans.
- Refrigerate at least four hours or overnight to allow for everything to firm up, making it easier to serve.
How to Store Easy Pecan Cream Lush
- Make-Ahead: This homemade lush dessert can be made a day or two before serving and kept tightly covered in the refrigerator.
- Leftovers: Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days from when you made it.
- Freezer: You can freeze leftovers in a sealed container for 2-4 weeks. To defrost, place in the refrigerator the night before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tools You’ll Need
- Food processor or rolling pin
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- Mixing bowls
- Rubber spatula
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
You Can Never Get Enough Dessert
You’re not imagining it, eating dessert actually makes you feel happy! Who doesn’t love to indulge in a sweet treat that instantly boosts their mood.
- While this pecan pie lush is perfect for the spring holidays, this chocolate peppermint lush is such a sweet surprise for the winter holidays.
- Orange poke cake, creamy and luscious and goes with sunshine. Tastes like a creamsicle.
- Break up a waffle cone into pieces and use it to scoop up this addictive cannoli dip for any gathering.
- Mini lemon meringue pie is always a hit. It’s the perfect sweet bite after a savory meal.
- Whether it’s spring or summer, these key lime cupcakes are welcomed treat regardless of the occasion.
- Carrot cake cupcakes are never a bad idea! Or change it up with this amazing layered apple carrot cake. You won’t go wrong with either.
- These air fryer hand pies are my favorite with cherry pie filling, but you can use whatever fruit you prefer.
- There is nothing better than a blueberry cream cheese dessert, every bite is fluffy, sweet and creamy!
Sharing the Layered Love
IF YOU DO MAKE THIS LUSH DESSERT, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT and who you fed each, sweet bite to! Snap a photo and tag @NOBLEPIG and #noblepig on INSTAGRAM so I can see how it turned out.
DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.
Pecan Cream Pie Lush
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 113 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 16 oz. whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups whole, cold milk
- 2 Boxes (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
- Pulverize graham crackers in a food processor or crush finely in a plastic Ziploc bag with a rolling pin. (or purchase already crushed graham crackers in the baking aisle)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, cooled, melted butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar and maple syrup until well combined.
- With the back of a spatula, spread and press down the crust mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Place in the refrigerator to chill while preparing the other layers.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and remaining brown sugar until smooth. Fold in by hand 1/2 cup of the chopped pecans and half of the whipped topping.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly across the top of the chilled crust. Return baking dish to the refrigerator while you prepare the next layer.
- In the same bowl, whip together both boxes of pudding mix and milk. Whip until thickened, but still pourable. Spread evenly over the cream cheese layer..
- Spread remaining whipped topping over the pudding layer. Sprinkle remaining pecans on top.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply