Get into the holiday spirit with this deliciously festive double chocolate peppermint bark recipe, featuring a decadent blend of dark and white chocolate chips.
Indulge in Chocolate Bliss with This Decadent Double Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe
Are you ready to raise your holiday dessert game this year? Look no further than this delicious double chocolate peppermint bark recipe! This indulgent treat combines the rich, creamy goodness of dark and white chocolate with a refreshing burst of peppermint flavor. It’s the perfect combination of indulgence and holiday cheer, and it’s sure to be a hit with chocolate lovers of all ages.
Not only is this double chocolate peppermint bark recipe mouthwateringly delicious, it’s also super easy to make. With just a four simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can have a batch of this heavenly chocolate treat ready to enjoy in no time. And because it’s so easy to make, this peppermint bark is perfect for gift giving or for serving at holiday parties.
So why wait? Break out your chocolate chips and get ready to whip up a batch of this double chocolate peppermint bark. Trust me, your taste buds (and your holiday guests) will thank you.
How to Melt Chocolate Chips in the Microwave
Here is a simple method for melting chocolate chips in the microwave:
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each interval, until the chocolate is fully melted. Be sure to watch the chocolate carefully as it melts to avoid overheating it.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted and smooth, it is ready to use in your recipe.
Some tips for melting chocolate chips in the microwave:
- Use a low power setting (50% or less) to avoid overheating the chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate well after each interval to help it melt evenly.
- Be sure to use a microwave-safe bowl and spoon to prevent any accidents.
How to Melt Chocolate Chips in a Double Boiler
Here is a simple method for melting chocolate chips in a double boiler:
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water and bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
- Place the chocolate chips in the top part of the double boiler and place it on top of the bottom part, making sure that the water is not touching the bottom of the top part.
- Stir the chocolate chips constantly as they melt, until they are fully melted and smooth.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, remove the top part of the double boiler from the heat and use the melted chocolate as needed in your recipe.
Some tips for melting chocolate chips in a double boiler:
- Use a low heat setting to avoid overheating the chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate constantly to help it melt evenly.
- Make sure that the water in the bottom part of the double boiler is at a simmer, not a boil, to prevent the chocolate from burning.
For this recipe I prefer the microwave method since it is so much quicker, but either way gets the job done.
Wrapping Up the Holidays: Creative Ways to Package Your Peppermint Bark Gifts
The holidays are a time for giving, and what better way to show family and friends you care than with a homemade gift of peppermint bark? Whether you’re making a batch for a friend, family member, or coworker, the packaging can be just as important as the gift itself. With a little creativity and some supplies from your local craft store, you can wrap up your peppermint bark in a way that will make it extra special.
One fun idea for packaging peppermint bark is to use small gift boxes or tins. You can find these at craft stores or online, and they come in a variety of sizes and styles. Simply fill the box or tin with a layer of tissue paper, add the peppermint bark, and finish it off with a ribbon or a piece of decorative twine. You can also add a personalized touch by using a holiday-themed gift tag or attaching a small ornament or decoration to the top of the box.
Another option is to use cellophane bags or treat bags to package the peppermint bark. These are easy to find and come in a variety of colors and patterns. Simply fill the bag with the peppermint bark, gather the top, and secure it with a twist tie or a piece of ribbon. You can also add a small tag or decoration to dress it up. If you want to make the gift extra special, consider adding a few other holiday treats or goodies to the bag, such as cookies, candies, or hot cocoa mix.
Double Chocolate Peppermint Bark: Common Questions and Their Answers
- What other kinds of chocolate chips can I use for double chocolate peppermint bark? You can use any type of chocolate chips you prefer for double chocolate peppermint bark. Some people like to stick with dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate, or a different combination of these types. You can also use good-quality chocolate bars, or chocolate melting wafers.
- How do I store double chocolate peppermint bark? Double chocolate peppermint bark can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week, or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. You can also wrap the bark in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and freeze it for up to three months.
- Can I add other ingredients to the double chocolate peppermint bark? Yes, you can add other ingredients to the double chocolate peppermint bark if you like. Some ideas include nuts, dried fruit, sprinkles, or other types of candy. Just be sure to add these ingredients before the chocolate sets so that they will be evenly distributed throughout the bark.
Deck the Halls (and the Dessert Table) with These Festive Holiday Dessert Recipes
Make your holiday gatherings extra special with these tasty and beautifully presented dessert recipes!
- Peppermint Patty Brownies
- Cream Cheese Cranberry Bars
- The Easiest Triple Chocolate KISS Cookies
- No-Fail Pistachio and Walnut Fudge
- Peppermint Bark Hot Chocolate
- Andes Mint Brownies
- Cherry Tassies
- Zinfandel Port Balls
- Double Ginger Crackles
- Chai Eggnog
- Candy Cane Frappe
- Eggnog Banana Bread Muffins
- Chocolate Peppermint Lush
- Puppy Chow Recipe (Muddy Buddies)
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Crackle Cookies
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! Take a snapshot and tag @NOBLEPIG and #noblepig on INSTAGRAM so I can see how it turned out.
DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.
ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Double Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 1 lbs dark chocolate chips
- 1 lbs white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candies, such as Starlight mints
- Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil. Set aside.
- In top of a double-boiler or in microwave (I used the microwave), melt dark chocolate chips.* Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until JUST ABOUT set, about 15-20 minutes. The just about part is important as this will help meld your chocolate together.
- In top of a double boiler or in microwave, melt white chocolate chips.* Stir in peppermint extract. Spread on top of dark chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
- Refrigerate until set, about an hour. Remove from pan and break into pieces. Store at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply