Pumpkin Cake Donuts are here to celebrate the season and turn your regular breakfast routine into something special. The perfect sweet treat with your morning coffee or tea.
Pumpkin Cake Donuts
These pumpkin cake donuts are hard to resist, especially when they’re still warm and remain one of the symbols of fall as the spectacular foliage turns autumnal and the weather starts to feel crisp.
Because donuts are so easy to make at home (especially this recipe), there’s no need to wait for a “hot and ready” sign before getting this batter together and baking them in the oven.
The grand finale, dusting with powdered sugar or dipping the tops in melted butter and sprinkling with cinnamon-sugar is the only choice you’ll have to make when it comes to how you’re going to serve this stack of pumpkin beauties.
If you want to be the hero at tomorrow’s breakfast, make sure to grab all your ingredients today.
How To Fill a Donut Tin
The simplest way to fill your donut tin is to prepare a piping/decorating bag with your donut batter.
Cut approximately 1″ off the tip of the piping bag and evenly pipe the batter into each donut cavity.
Filling the wells to about halfway shy of the rim.
- Make sure to not over-fill donut tins or the batter will bake unevenly and overflow onto the top of the pan.
- Donuts can also be dipped in melted chocolate for a pumpkin-chocolate donut (which is a great combo). Don’t forget the fall-covered sprinkles.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
TOOLS YOU’LL NEED
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES TO EXPLORE
There’s never too many pumpkin recipes to cook, bake and enjoy!
- Pumpkin Spice Moscow Mule
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Chili
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Fudge Brownies
- Pumpkin Caramel Bars with Bacon
- Pumpkin Cookies with Molasses
- Pumpkin Pie Martini
- Pumpkin Buttermilk Muffins
- Pumpkin Drop Biscuits
- Pumpkin Crumb Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
- Pumpkin Smoothies
- Pumpkin Brown Sugar Muffins
- Brown Butter-Pumpkin Spiced Waffles
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! Take a snapshot and tag @NOBLEPIG and #noblepig on INSTAGRAM so I can see how it turned out.
DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.
ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Pumpkin Cake Donuts
- cooking spray
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp maple extract
- melted butter (optional)
- confectioners sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare donut tins with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin puree, cinnamon pumpkin pie spice and maple extract. Mix with a hand held mixer until batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- scoop batter into a piping bag (if you don't have one use a Ziploc bag and cut off one corner to make into a piping bag) and pipe batter into the donut tin, filling only halfway.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For toppings, you can either dip the top of the donut into a bowl of confectioners' sugar to coat the top or dip the top of the donut into melted butter and immediately dust with cinnamon sugar. You can even leave them plain if you choose.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply