End your day with a refreshing Red Wine Slushie, it’s the perfect way to unwind on a beautiful sunny day.
Throw a cocktail party to celebrate the up and coming warmer weather. Whether it’s a tray full of frozen peach margarita an adult Shirley temple or the best lemon drop martini you’ll ever make, it’s time to “cheers” the sunny days ahead.
Red Wine Slushie Recipe
One of the easiest cocktails you’ll ever make, these red wine slushies are going to put a smile on anyone’s face who receives one.
As a winemaker by trade, I’m not above adulterating a bottle of wine with some Grand Marnier and frozen fruit.
The key is not to make this wine slushie with an expensive bottle of red. You really want the “cheap” sweet stuff for a a drink like this, trust me!
Ingredients for Red Wine Slushies
Full recipe and instructions can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Red Moscato wine – do not use expensive wine, this is time to grab a bottle of the sweet, cheap stuff. This Red Moscato is my recommendation, you can find it any grocery store aisle
- simple syrup – you can purchase simple syrup in a squeeze bottle where drink mixers are sold or you can make your own. I will include a recipe below
- Grand Marnier – an orange flavored liqueur, you can also use Cointreau
- frozen strawberries
- frozen blackberries
- frozen raspberries
How to Make Red Wine Slushies
Step one: Add the wine, Grand Marnier, frozen strawberries, frozen blackberries, frozen raspberries and simple syrup to a blender.
Step two: Blend until smooth.
Step three: Strain the mixture through a fine-meshed sieve into a freezer-safe container. *If you don’t mind the seeds from the berries being in your slushie feel free to skip this step.
Step four: Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Step five: Remove the mixture from the freezer and use an ice cream scoop to scoop the slushie into individual glasses. Alternatively, you can use a fork to scrape and breakup the slushie before serving.
Step six: Top with frozen berries if desired.
If you can boil water, you can make simple syrup.
How to Make Simple Syrup
Step three: Let the mixture cool completely, then pour into a glass jar and seal tightly with a lid.
Step four: Simple syrup will keep, refrigerated, for about one month.
What grape is Red Moscato Wine Made From?
Red Moscato is made using a rare grape variety called Black Muscat. Black Muscat grapes are a cross between Schiava, an Italian red grape, and Muscat of Alexandria.
I’ve had the pleasure of tasting both of these grape varieties right off the vine and I can I tell you, they are very sweet and delicious, unlike other wine grapes, especially the Muscat of Alexandria.
Red wine slushies are the perfect cocktail for parties, book clubs, girl’s night in…you can easily double, triple or quadruple the batch.
Other Cocktails You Might Enjoy
- Agave Margarita
- Icy Hibiscus Margarita
- Grapefruit Cranberry Martini
- World’s Best Cosmopolitan Cocktail
- The Best Mojito
IF YOU DO MAKE SOMETHING FROM NOBLEPIG, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HOW YOURS TURNED OUT! TAG @NOBLEPIG ON INSTAGRAM WITH YOUR CREATION. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER FOR LOTS OF FOOD INSPIRATION AND A PEEK INTO EVERYDAY LIFE.
Red Wine Slushie
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of red wine, such as Red Moscato
- 1/3 cup (125 ml) Grand Marnier
- 1 cup (134 g) frozen strawberries
- 1 cup (116 g) frozen blackberries
- 1 cup (118 g) frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- extra frozen berries for garnish
- Add the wine, Grand Marnier, frozen strawberries, frozen blackberries, frozen raspberries and simple syrup to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-meshed sieve into a freezer-safe container. *If you don’t mind the seeds from the berries being in your slushie feel free to skip this step.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer and use an ice cream scoop to scoop the slushie into individual glasses. Alternatively, you can use a fork to scrape and breakup the slushie before serving.
- Top with frozen berries if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.