A simple Christmas Wreath Vegetable tray made from your favorite veggies and served with a tasty, addictive onion dip!
There are so many ways to make your holiday table look more festive! Whether it’s a Santa Snack Board, a Christmas Antipasto Wreath or a tray of holiday favorite Italian Cookies, these seasonal classics are sure to please.
Christmas Wreath Veggie Tray with Roasted Onion Dip Recipe
Be the holiday host with the most and set the scene for an unforgettable get-together this year. Even small gatherings can feel really special.
This festive edible wreath will help you create the perfect Christmas table. It’s the perfect centerpiece for a grab and go buffet or set it on the coffee table while enjoying a favorite Christmas movie.
Whether your Christmas celebrations revolve more around a hearty brunch, a light lunch or a formal sit-down dinner, this holiday veggie tray will get the party started.
Ingredients for Christmas Wreath Veggie Tray and Roasted Onion Dip
- olive oil – this is perfect for roasting
- kosher salt
- fresh ground coarse black pepper
- broccoli florets – you can purchase these already cut or you can buy the full crowns and cut them yourself
- English cucumber – does not have seeds
- green beans – you’ll want to blanche these
- grape or cherry tomatoes – leave them whole
- curly kale – this provides a perfect bed for your veggies
- green bell pepper and red bell pepper to make the bow
- shallot – use only one bulb
- leek – has onion flavor
- scallions – green onion 9both white and green parts)
- fresh garlic
- mayonnaise – full fat version
- sour cream -full fat version
- lemon juice – must be fresh
- fresh thyme
How To Make Roasted Onion Dip
Step one: Heat broiler.
Step two: Toss shallot, leek and scallions with olive oil. Season with kosher salt.
Step three: Broil, tossing once, until charred, 10-15 minutes. Let cool.
Step four: Mix with garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and thyme. Thin with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with fresh thyme.
How to Make A Christmas Veggie Tray
Step one: Cover a large, round appetizer board with curly kale leaves or any other type of green lettuce leaves.
Step two: Place your roasted onion dip in the center of the round board and arrange your veggies any way you choose to resemble a wreath.
How To Make A Red Pepper Bow?
Cut your red bell pepper in half, removing all seeds and membranes from one half of the pepper.
Lay the seeded pepper face down on the cutting board and use a knife to cut out the head of the “bow”.
Place the pepper bow at the base of the wreath and cut two straight peppers strips of pepper and slide them under the bow top to resemble ribbons hanging down.
What Other Kinds of Vegetables Can I Use to Make My Wreath
- snap peas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
What Size Board Should I Use?
Any size works!
If you want a larger board, like I am using, this large appetizer board is perfect!
Other Holiday Boards You Might Like:
- Fall Harvest Appetizer Board
- Candy Cane Caprese Board
- Mini Crescent Dogs Christmas Tree Board
- Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board
Christmas Wreath Veggie Tray with Roasted Onion Dip
Roasted Onion Dip:
- 1 shallot bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions (green and white parts), thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 tsps olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme, more for serving
- freshly ground black pepper
Christmas Wreath Veggie Tray:
- curly kale leaves
- broccoli florets
- English cucumber, sliced
- fresh green beans, blanched
- green bell pepper, sliced
- grape tomatoes
- red bell pepper
- Heat broiler.
- Toss shallot, leek and scallions with olive oil. Season with kosher salt.
- Broil, tossing once, until charred, 10-15 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix with garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and thyme. Thin with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with fresh thyme.
- Cover a large, round appetizer board with curly kale leaves or any other type of green lettuce leaves
- Place your roasted onion dip in the center of the round board and arrange your veggies any way you choose to resemble a wreath.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #NOBLEPIG on INSTAGRAM so we can see what you’ve made. FOLLOW Noble Pig ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER to keep up with all our latest recipes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.