This Taco Noodle Casserole will have your family running to the dinner table.
We are in that cusp of the seasons, where it’s very much still winter, but there are signs of Spring popping up everywhere. I was working in the garden yesterday and my chives are already coming in strong and my dahlias are sprouting from their winter’s nap. It’s a good sign of sunshine to come.
However, it is without a doubt still casserole season. The Pacific Northwest is beyond rainy, gloomy and cold. Warm, hearty meals remain a requirement. This Taco Noodle Casserole is a meal I have to share with you before warm weather inserts itself back into our lives.
You probably have most of the ingredients already in your pantry, which makes it so much easier to throw together.
I used No Yolks ® Extra Broad Noodles in this dish. No Yolks ® Noodles are cholesterol free noodles that are smooth, firm and delicious.
I love that I am able to stir these into the sauce and bake them up perfectly without having to boil them first. It’s a total time saver for this recipe. These noodles are also available in whole grain, if that is your preference.
No Yolks also comes in a variety of noodle cuts for all your recipes…Broad, Extra Broad, Fine, Kluski and Dumplings. I used extra broad for this dish!
Right out of the oven and the casserole looks perfect. Everyone will be drooling at the smell wafting from the kitchen. Serve it with a side salad for a complete meal.
When the casserole emerges from the oven, sprinkle the top with chives or green onions, whatever you have on hand. Slice up some grape tomatoes as well and arrange them on top.
Taco Noodle Casserole
- 1-1/2 lbs (approx) lean ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-(28 oz) can enchilada sauce, divided
- 1-(14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1-(15 oz) can sweet corn, drained
- 1-(4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1-(4 oz) can sliced olives, drained
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 12 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1- (8 oz) bag No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles
- Chives or green onion and sliced grape tomatoes for garnish (optional)
- Serve with sour cream and hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, brown ground beef until done. Add taco seasoning and water to the meat and stir well to combine. Continue cooking until excess liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups of the enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, corn, green chiles, olives, tomato paste, 8 oz of the cheese and the uncooked No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles. Stir in the meat and mix well. Pour the casserole mixture into a 13 x 9 pan.
- Drizzle remaining enchilada sauce evenly over the casserole mixture and top with remaining cheese. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 15 minutes covered. Remove the foil and continue baking for 20 minutes more or until casserole is bubbling and cheese is melted. Top with chives and sliced grape tomatoes.
- Let sit for 15 minutes until serving. Top with sour cream and hot sauce if you like.
Enjoy this meal any night of the week. It’s so easy to put together.
Two Years Ago: Fresh Citrus Salad with Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing
Six Years Ago: Baked Salmon with Blackberry Ginger Glaze
Seven Years Ago: Will Vegetables Ruin It?