Probably my two most favorite ingredients together…chocolate and peanut butter…what a combo.
I was that kid obsessed with the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. I would trade every last piece of my Halloween candy for everyone else’s peanut butter cups. And I am the parent who steals all of my kid’s Halloween peanut butter cups too. They are not safe with me.
What I love about these cakes are the molten, peanut butter centers. It’s like winning a prize when you stick your spoon inside and out comes a gooey, warm peanut butter bite.
Just a tablespoon of peanut butter in the middle of batter is all it takes. Top with more chocolate batter on top and BOOM you have an amazing dessert.
A big glass of milk is a good idea with this one.
Molten Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces good quality chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons peanut butter, plus 1/4 cup for drizzling
- mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and then add chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted and incorporated and remove from heat.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat eggs, vanilla, sugar and salt until pale yellow, about 5 minutes. Beat in melted chocolate mixture. Stir in flour mixture.
- Spoon half of batter into six, 6 ounce, ramekins that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Drop 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter into center of each. Cover with remaining batter.
- Place a roasting pan in the oven and add a 1/2″ of hot water to the pan. When oven is hot, transfer ramekins to the roasting pan. Bake until cakes have risen and are cracked on top, about 30 minutes.
- Remove cakes from water bath. Microwave 1/4 cup peanut butter for 30 seconds and drizzle over the top of each cake. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top.
20 More Peanut Butter and Chocolate Desserts that will blow your mind.
- One Year Ago: Bites of Life
- Two Years Ago: Easy Artisan Roasted Garlic-Rosemary Bread
- Four Years Ago: Spoonbread
- Five Years Ago: PB & J Sundae
- Six Years Ago: Corn and Salsa Tortilla Soup