Chile Colorado Style Beef (Slow Cooker) Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Ingredients for Chile Colorado
Full recipe and instructions can be found at the bottom of the page.
- chile powder – use plain chile powder, not chipotle or ancho
- ground cumin
- oregano leaves
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- beef chuck roast – make sure to trim it of visible fat
How to Make Chile Colorado
- The red chile sauce is key to this recipe, make sure to seek it out.
- Directions on how to thicken the sauce are located in the recipe.
- Serve with warm tortillas, avocado, tomatoes and cheese…it tastes amazing.
What Is Chile Colorado?
Chile Colorado is served at most Mexican restaurants. If you have a chance to order it, you should!
This is not to be mistaken as a chili recipe from Colorado!
Las Palmas Red Chile Sauce
This is the exact can you will be looking for in the supermarket.
I promise you will love this recipe, it has an exceptional flavor.
As you can see here, serving it almost as a taco is absolutely the best way to enjoy it.
What Should I Serve With Chile Colorado?
- Mexican Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Agave Margaritas
- Slow Cooker Mexican Beans
- Easy Baked Taco Dip
Chile Colorado Style Beef (Slow Cooker)
- 1 (28 oz) can Las Palmas Red Chile Sauce
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsps chile powder, divided
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano leaves
- 2 tsps onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp finely ground pepper
- 1 (5 lb) beef chuck roast, trimmed of most visible fat
- 1/4 cup masa harina
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.