This is by far my favorite way to eat acorn squash. The Parmesan and the thyme, knocks this one out of the park.
The squash has such an amazing savory flavor when you add the cheese, and it looks pretty too. Thank you Real Simple mag for turning uS onto this recipe. It's amazing.
This is definitely the season to go into "squash overload" mode, as I always do. There are just so many ways to cook squash...just make sure you try this one.
Parmesan-Roasted Acorn Squash
- 1 (2 lb) acorn or delicata squash-halved, seeded & sliced 3/4" thick
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with the oil, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Roast the squash until golden brown and tender, 20-30 minutes. Cooking time will depend on your oven.