This Tennessee-Style Mustard Coleslaw is a classic mayonnaise-based coleslaw bolstered with the addition of mustard…..so yummy.
You are going to need a side dish for Dad’s barbecue this weekend. Make it this slaw and he will be very happy. The celery seed addition is my favorite here, giving off so much depth and complexity to this simple dish.
We even made a few chicken burgers and placed the slaw right on top of meat, under the bun. To die for. We know you will like it too!!
Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and celery seeds in a bowl.
Add cabbage and toss. Chill.
Tennessee-Style Mustard Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and celery seeds in a bowl.
- Add cabbage and toss. Chill.
- Serve with something delicious.