Chai Ice Cream Syrup, the perfect homemade gift from your kitchen. Cooking or baking is not required for this delightfully flavored ice cream topping.
Chai Ice Cream Syrup Recipe
Chai Ice Cream Topping is not only the MOST perfect accompaniment for your next bowl of of ice cream, it is also the perfect homemade holiday, birthday, new neighbor, housewarming gift for anyone on your list. This chai ice cream syrup is incredibly yummy, unique and so inexpensive to put together. Pour this syrup on top of a bowl of extra vanilla ice cream and sit back and swoon over the first bite. It’s heaven in a bowl.
When it comes to entertaining, sometimes we don’t always have time to make the perfect dessert. Simple ice cream, with a lovely homemade topping, is easily the perfect end to any meal. I promise you, everyone will love this tasty dessert.
Ingredients for Chai Ice Cream Syrup
- sweetened condensed milk
- granulated sugar
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- If you’re making this chai syrup for gifting, you can easily double, triple, quadruple etc. this recipe as long as you have a big enough bowl. However, I do recommend making it in a large pouring vessel because it will be easier to pour the finished recipe into jars if you have a pouring spout. Try using a 2-quart measuring cup for the best ease in filling the jars.
- Each recipe will fill one half pint jar with chai ice cream syrup (minus 2 tablespoons (keep that for yourself).
- Keep refrigerated for up to three weeks.
How To Package Ice Cream Syrup As A Gift
- Fill a half pint jar or other decorative jar (with a lid) with chai ice cream syrup. Tie ribbon around the jar and finish with a bow on top.
- Place a sticker on the jar with the name of the recipe, storage instructions and shelf life.
- Give the jar with a fun set of ice cream bowls and the best ice cream scoop, sprinkles and nuts for the ultimate family gift.
- Wrap the whole gift in cellophane.
America’s Top 10 Favorite Ice Cream Flavors
- Vanilla…Try with this Chai Ice Cream Syrup
- Cookies N’Cream
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Butter Pecan
- Cookie Dough
- Moose Tracks
What Is Chai?
Chai is the Hindi word for tea. So, when we ask for chai tea, we are actually being redundant by saying, tea-tea. The term “chai” is actually the shortened version of the word “masala chai” which translates to “spiced tea” in Hindi.
Please join our NOBLE PIG FACEBOOK GROUP for a more in depth look at recipes, cooking tips and other member contributions.
Chai Ice Cream Syrup
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- In a medium-sized pouring vessel, such as a large measuring cup, add sweetened condensed milk, sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Mix until combined. Pour into a half pint jar and tightly close the lid. Store in the refrigerator for at least four hours (initially to chill) and up to two to three weeks.