Quick and easy, these Banana Blender Pancakes are a cinch to throw together. Protein rich ingredients help create the base of these delicious and hearty pancakes, making breakfast a win-win for everyone in your home.
I have to admit I love a protein-rich breakfast, it definitely keeps the hunger at bay in the mid-morning hours. My favorite might be hard-boiled eggs with hot sauce or I make a deviled egg spread and smear it on toast. It's always the best.
However, after I eat a very savory breakfast (that doesn't really pair well with my coffee), I inevitably crave something sweet, which often leads to chocolate. Dumb. So these pancakes basically kill two birds with one stone. They are more protein-rich than my fluffiest pancakes ever and they are filling and sweet enough to keep me away from the chocolate (hopefully). Boom.
And what could be easier than tossing all the ingredients into the blender to make the batter?
I have a built in griddle on my stove, which honestly makes pancake making so darn easy!
So as you can see, even though there is banana in the batter, you are going to add sliced bananas to each pancake as well. Make sure to press the slices into your batter so they don't fall out when you flip them over.
I call this naked pancakes without syrup. It's like a pancake without makeup. Shameful.
Make a whole stack because they seriously taste perfect the next day.
I also have a confession to make. I love eating cold pancakes right out of the fridge. Does anyone else do that? They are as good as cold pizza to me.
I have fallen in love with the rustic look of these pancakes. I am going to dream about them until I make them again.
And here's something else that tastes delicious....mix almond butter with a little bit of maple syrup and smear it on the top of these pancakes. It's seriously amazing.
Breakfast just doesn't get better than this.
Banana Blender Pancakes
- 1 cup cottage cheese (I prefer 4%, small curd)
- 1 (5-6 oz) vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4 large bananas, divided
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- vegetable oil
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of large blender...with the exception of all the bananas. One banana is going to go into the blender and the other three are to be sliced crosswise and pressed into the pancakes while cooking.
- Heat a griddle or a nonstick frying pan over medium heat and coat with a thin layer of vegetable oil. Pour a 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake and press in 4-5 slices of banana into each one. Do not flip pancake until it is covered in air bubbles on top. Flip and continue cooking until other side is done. Keep warm until you've used up all the batter.
- Serve with warm maple syrup or a mixture of almond butter and maple syrup is also delicious.
Other Pancake Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Perfect Silver Dollar Pancakes
- Key Lime Pancakes
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
- Pineapple Pancakes