Comforting and creamy Carrot-Parsnip Ginger-Lime Soup needs to grace your table this Fall and Winter season. It makes the perfect appetizer or starter course, but is filling enough as a main dish. You are going to love the zing of the lime juice in this one.
My husband said this soup needs to be on everyone's table this holiday season. That's big for him. BIG. He doesn't just make those type of blanket statements, so I was a little shocked. However, he's right...it's that good. This soup is really that good.
If parsnips are not something you regularly eat, you really need to add them into your meals. They are amazing in soup and equally fantastic when roasted with salt and pepper. They are honestly my favorite root vegetable.
It's hard to imagine that these bleak looking ingredients make up the body of this soup; carrots, parsnips and ginger root.
Veggies chopped up and added to chicken broth and coconut milk, a quick simmer and they are ready to go into the blender.
Promise me you'll make this soup this season. You don't want to disappoint my husband.
The chives are garnish, but don't leave them out. They add this savory, onion flavor you don't want to miss out on.
Carrot-Parsnip Ginger-Lime Soup
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped into coins
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled and chopped into coins
- 1-1/2" piece ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (13.5 oz) can lite coconut milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- juice of three limes
- chives for garnish, chopped
- Add carrots, parsnips, ginger root, chicken broth and coconut milk to a large heavy bottomed pot. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over heat for 10-15 minutes or until carrots and parsnips are softened.
- Puree carrot-parsnip mixture in a blender in two batches and pour contents back into soup pot over low heat. Stir in cream, butter, salt, black pepper, cayenne and lime juice. Garish with chopped chives.
Other Carrot-Parsnip Soups recipes you might enjoy:
- Parsnip, Carrot and Lentil Soup
- Roasted Parsnip Carrot and Garlic Soup
- Roasted Carrot and Parsnip Soup with Lemon-Ginger Cream
- Spicy Carrot and Parsnip Soup