Quick-No Fail-Pizza Dough

Quick No Fail Pizza Dough
Hey all…how many of you make your own pizza dough? It just tastes so much better when we make it ourselves. Store-bought is okay but often the dough remains flabby…I’m over that. My kids know the difference too, in fact they don’t even want a second piece if it’s not my dough. They are going to have to marry someone who knows how to cook…they have been spoiled.

Anyway, when I decide to throw together a pizza, it’s usually a last minute decision. Rapid-rising yeast and the food processor really help with making this a quick, painless and easy process. In no time at all I have pizza dough ready to go.

The best part, store-bought pizza dough usually costs a couple bucks. I figured with this recipe, each crust costs about twenty-five cents. What a deal!

If you have been weary about making your own dough, this is a safe recipe to try. Only five minutes of kneading required…you can do this.

Quick No Fail Pizza Dough dough ball
This is the ball of dough before it has risen.

Quick No Fail Pizza Dough rising dough
Placed in an oiled bowl, you can see how the dough doubles in size. Rapid-rising yeast works very quickly.

Quick No Fail Pizza Dough crust
Pressed out into a circle using fingertips only…no rolling pin required. Dough is about 1/8 of an inch thick. After a couple of times, you’ll be a pro at shaping your pizza.

Print Recipe

Quick-No Fail-Pizza Dough

Recipe from: Created by Cathy Pollak for NoblePig.com | Serves: One 12-14 inch pizza dough

Ingredients

• 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/8 teaspoon (1/8 oz) rapid-rise yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup warm water (100 - 115 degrees F)

Directions

• Place flour, yeast, sugar and salt into the bowl of your food processor. Pulse it once or twice to mix up the ingredients.
  • In a pourable, glass measuring cup, combine oil and water (make sure water is between 100 and 115 degrees F). Turn on food processor and slowly pour water mixture through the feed tube. Process until a ball of dough forms. Run for another minute until dough is smooth. If dough is sticky, add another Tablespoon or two of flour through the feed tube while running. Dough should only be slightly sticky.
  • Form the dough into a ball and place in an oiled medium-sized mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm spot until it doubles in size, about 45 minutes.
  • Take ball of dough and knead it on a cutting board sprinkled with flour for five minutes. Place back in the oiled bowl, cover and let rise again for 20-30 minutes.
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray or place your pizza stone in the oven. Place ball of dough on a floured cutting board, pressing it flat with your palms. Use your fingertips to continue pressing the dough (which also stretches it larger) in a circular motion until you have a 12-14" circle. Carefully place on pizza pan and fill with toppings.

Four Years Ago: Maple Pan Roasted Carrots
Five Years Ago: Are You Being Watched…By Your Neighbors?

14 Comments and 15 Replies

1. I really need to start making pizza dough. My husband’s favorite food in the entire world is pizza and I’ve only made it at home like 3 times. (Store bought dough though) Thanks for the recipe & photos

2. I will definitely try this! We play around with pizza dough a lot…I definitely need to try the rapid rise yeast!

3. Susan 7

Does this make a thin, crispy crust or does it puff alot and end up thicker and chewy?

• Cathy 8

I make mine as thin as I can. I don’t like the big bready-puff balls in my pizza, so I always get a crispy-thin crust.

4. I am always so fearful of yeast doughs as I continue to fail at it. I am going to try this one and let you know as we all love pizza here. Thanks so much for taking the fear out of it.

5. Brooke 10

Do you have to use a dough blade on your food processor? I’ve tried mixing dough in mine using the cutting blade, but it’s never worked!

• Cathy 11

I use the cutting blade and it’s never a problem. I do have a dough blade, but never get it out.

Can you make it, let it rise, then freeze or refrigerate?

7. Angie 14

I don’t have a food processor, but I have dough hooks for my mixer. Do you think that would work?

• Cathy 15

Hmmm, I don’t know, never tried it. Maybe someone out there has and can comment on that.

• Maura 16

I always make this with my Kitchenaid, but I dont use the dough hook, just the paddle attachment. I’ve had some issues with it not being moist enough, but I just add a little water at a time until it forms dough. It tastes great and its my families favorite dough!

8. I’m all for quick and no fail! Looks great! Thanks for sharing!!!

9. Cathy, you need to teach your boys to make this! That’s how I justify teaching my 16yo son to cook!! 😉
    I like to make a double-batch of pizza dough and freeze one for later use. It turns out nicely after having been frozen and I get it out of the freezer in the morning, set it on the counter and by dinner time, it’s ready! It’s a quick dinner and like you said, so much better than store bought.

10. Kat 20

I always throw some Italian herbs and Parmesan cheese in with the flour, that way the crust has great flavor even if its an edge piece with no sauce on it. Also my kids really liked it when we grilled pizza. That was lots of fun!

11. Tess Singh 21

I have made many a pizza dough, but this was by far the least fuss and turned out great. Well, it’s on it’s second rise, but I can usually tell the instant it comes together whether a dough is going to work or not! And putting it in the food processor … genius!
    An added bonus – it’s a small batch! My husband and I avoid carbs, but my kids do love pizza, so this is perfect for just them! Thank you :0

12. Sarah 23

How do you ensure the water temp? What kind of thermometer do you need?

13. peggy thompson 25

How long should this pizza cook?

14. Ann M Godfrey 28

Great recipe. Can you add the cooking time to the recipe before I print it?
    Thanks.

• Cathy 29

Since you don’t bake pizza dough by itself, cooking time is going to be different for every pizza, anywhere between 12-15 minutes, sometimes more.