Who doesn't love a new sauce? I have to tell you I am in love with a new product line developed by a friend who happens to be a James Beard award-winning chef, restauranteur, Oregon truffle oil producer and has cooked me one of the best meals I have ever eaten. Yes....ever.
Anyway, Jack has created a line of sauces that includes the above Pinot Szechuan Sauce. It's absolutely heavenly, and so are the other flavors in this line; Pinot Pepper, Pinot Habanero and Pinot Chipotle. All are stunning examples of deeply, intense sauces, made fondly with Oregon Pinot Noir and of course made right here in Oregon....right down the road from me.
All are flavorful and very versatile. They work well as marinades, dipping sauces, finishing sauces and give a whole new twist to your favorite recipes. I live for stuff like this.
While this Pinot Szechuan Sauce was UNREAL in a couple stir-fry creations I've put together, I also wanted to make something unexpected. The sauce just screamed to use it in a savory-sweet combination. So the brittle was born. It's sweet, spicy, crunchy, intense and off the charts yummy. But most of all, it's very elegant tasting. I think sophisticated would be a good word.
It's beautiful isn't it? I really loved how this all came together.
Or....make this brittle and top off your vanilla bean ice cream with a hunk....so delicious.
Leave a comment on this post, letting me know what you would like to make with this sauce.
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post, all-opinions are my own.
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- RT @KimsCravings: Snickerdoodle Protein Smoothie w/ @enjoylifefoods! I've never tasted a more scrumptious smoothie! #minifreely #ad… https://t.co/s3l5EA24aE, 2 hours ago
- RT @FamTable: Apple Streusel Muffins are on the #appleweek menu for breakfast! Check out all the delicious recipes:… https://t.co/iHKXNy4oMs, 2 hours ago
- RT @HomemadeYummy: Get more #Pulses into your recipes with this Poached Eggs & Lentil Hash recipe. https://t.co/rwdrNCXPrv #eggs https://t.co/XIw1lOTjBi, 2 hours ago
- RT @ThatSkinnyChick: An autumn spiced Apple Bundt Cake with a surprise cream cheese filling!! Perfect fall dessert! Recipe:… https://t.co/ROMffUQNfX, 2 hours ago
- RT @amindfullmom: Honey Lemon Chicken Skillet - https://t.co/jb9wOGajls #EatSmartVeggies #IC AD @eatsmart https://t.co/zMyYs6QuIM, 2 hours ago