4 Layer Pizza Dip

Oh I’m not even sure what made me go here…it just looked too good to pass up.  I was right.  On the bright side, if you have enough people around, this will disappear quickly and you won’t have eaten the whole thing yourself.  On the dark side, if there are not enough people around, you will eat most of it yourself….and it will taste glorious. Followed by guilt and tight pants. Ugh.

I think the bacon on top elevates this dip to a whole new level in pizza dipping…it just works.

Will make this again when there are going to be many more people around.   I hope you give it a try to.

4 Layer Pizza Dip

1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
9-12 slices of pepperoni
4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped

Preheat oven to 350o.

In a blender or a food processor combine tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.  Blend until pureed. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and 2 ounces of shredded Italian cheese.  Mix until well combined.  Spread cream cheese mixture in an even layer over baking dish (8 x 8 or a pie plate).  Pour blended sauce over cream cheese mixture and evenly distribute with spatula.

Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over pizza sauce.  Top pizza dip with pepperoni and bacon.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbling.

~Timesaver…instead of pureeing the tomatoes, just use canned tomato sauce and mix the seasonings in with a spoon.  Or if you are really in a hurry, just use already made pizza sauce.

One Year Ago: 5-Minute No Cook Pasta Sauce

10 Comments and 3 Replies

1. I am so happy you loved the dip. It is dangerously delicious for sure!!

Your picture is beautiful.

2. Amber 2

What do you use to dip into it?

3. Noble Pig 3

We used breadsticks and garlic bagel chips.

4. This looks amazing!

5. Another appetizer to add to my collection-looks delish! I can’t make the buffalo chicken dip unless it’s for lots of people…I have been guilty of eating more than half of it by myself! Yikes!

6. This is exactly the sort of thing that I would eat half of then hide in the fridge to stop myself from eating the rest..

..then go in the fridge and eat the rest anyways. I’m scared to even bookmark it! However, I do have a party coming up.

7. I came here yesterday for a couple of recipe ideas for dinner & decided to get the makings for this. I also picked up some bread sticks and garlic bagel chips for the ‘dippers’. Going to make this this weekend to eat while watching trashy television & looking forward to it. Thanks for posting this!

8. Alex 8

I have to say, I just made this for my friends for the first time a couple days ago. Took a little while to make, but I think it disappeared in one minute flat. Never again will I underestimate the appetite of my college friends…Can’t wait to make this again, thanks for the recipe!

9. Angela Weems 10

Just made this today…didn’t purée because I like tomato chunks. It was awesome! I will definitely make this again! Thanks for sharing!

10. Marilyn 13

This looks just wonderful, will be making this!!!