This is the perfect afternoon snack...it almost tastes like a meal, even a little bit like dessert.
Brown rice is a natural whole grain with a mild nutty flavor that I love! Because brown rice still has the bran intact, it has 3x the amount of fiber than white rice. Brown rice is also full of nutrients like magnesium, manganese and zinc. These nutrients are in much higher concentrations than what's found in white rice.
Raisins contain a good deal of protein, dietary fiber and are high in certain antioxidants. I read something recently that said even though raisins have a high concentration of sugar, they fight bacteria known for causing cavities and gum disease. Who knew?
Anyway, give this one a try with your leftover brown rice from dinner. It's a winner.
Sweet Brown Rice-Vanilla-Raisin Healthy Snack
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Seafood tower!! @ Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak https://t.co/H9i6YW0MJU, 48 mins ago
- When breakfast is bigger than your head. Sage Fried Chicken with fresh spinach, hardwood smoked… https://t.co/OPsZ5RAXdk, 13 hours ago
- How cute are these? Jack O'Lantern Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers https://t.co/7OTf0Mqfzz via @CupcakeKaleChip https://t.co/mrPSQyI55S, 14 hours ago
- Heck yes! Cabbage Roll Casserole https://t.co/NxkhvEexBd via @comfortablefood https://t.co/Z3FKfzDBCB, Sep 29
- RT @Dinnersdishes: Sweet Chipotle Chicken Bites - ready in 15 minutes! From @BarefeetKitchen new cookbook! https://t.co/hAOv4gDWre… https://t.co/YJuN381NE6, Sep 29