This is the perfect afternoon snack...it almost tastes like a meal, even a little bit like dessert.
Brown rice is a natural whole grain with a mild nutty flavor that I love! Because brown rice still has the bran intact, it has 3x the amount of fiber than white rice. Brown rice is also full of nutrients like magnesium, manganese and zinc. These nutrients are in much higher concentrations than what's found in white rice.
Raisins contain a good deal of protein, dietary fiber and are high in certain antioxidants. I read something recently that said even though raisins have a high concentration of sugar, they fight bacteria known for causing cavities and gum disease. Who knew?
Anyway, give this one a try with your leftover brown rice from dinner. It's a winner.
Sweet Brown Rice-Vanilla-Raisin Healthy Snack
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- What's nice about Christmas is that we all go through it together. @ McMinnville, Oregon https://t.co/fPtMou2EEW, 20 hours ago
- All I need is Eggnog...making that happen today. @ McMinnville, Oregon https://t.co/c43KGMBNs7, 23 hours ago
- RT @WolfGourmet: Treat yourself to the best one pot chicken and rice from @noblepig https://t.co/woG52dmIj3 https://t.co/1Dv2dqxnZi, 24 hours ago
- Snow fun tonight. @ Middle of Nowhere https://t.co/7sOcdgR7uH, Dec 6
- You need Reese's Fudge https://t.co/PAOeVxKmGD via @Dinnersdishes https://t.co/6ENIrKk4ps, Dec 5