Hi friends! What a busy week it has been! We had a very successful Memorial Day Weekend at the tasting room. A big THANK YOU to all of you who came out and tasted and took home wine and feasted on our treats! It was awesome meeting so many of you!
Pinot Noir and pork are a classic pairing and the inspiration for making this delish sandwich/pork burger. We always have Noble Pig Pinot Noir around here so we might as well have pork too!
Enjoy this sandwich with your favorite chips, we know you will love it! Don't forget the Pinot Noir too!!
The Big Pig Sandwich
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 2 cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 8 thin ham slices
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Shape pork into four 4" patties about 1/2" thick. Grill directly over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes per side or until no pink remains (160 degrees F), turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine shredded cabbage with carrot, mayonnaise and 2 Tablespoons barbecue sauce; set aside.
- Add ham and bread slices to grill for 1 to 2 minutes until ham is lightly browned and bread is toasted, turning once.
- Serve pork burgers on toast topped with ham, slaw, and barbecue sauce.