Addictive and completely delicious is the perfect desciption. I think this is the best snack mix I have made to date. I’m warning you, it’s impossible to stop eating.
The sweet and salty really comes through and the wasabi peas, which are normally too hot for me to eat, become these vehicles for delivering a sweet crunch in every bite.
This is your new game-night party mix, better than what you can buy in stores and keeps wonderfully for two weeks in an airtight container.
Make it today!
Sweet & Salty Popcorn Mix
Adapted from Food Network
5 cups light buttered popcorn
5 cups assorted Japanese rice crackers (not fish flavor)
1-1/2 cups cocktail peanuts
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1-1/2 cups wasabi peas
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup dark or light corn syrup
1 stick unsalted butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 2250 F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Toss the popcorn, rice crackers, peanuts, seeds and peas in a large bowl.
Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then cook, stirring, until thick, about 1 more minute. Remove from the heat. Carefully stir in the vanilla and baking soda (the caramel will bubble).
Pour the hot caramel over the popcorn mixture and stir with a metal spoon. (Don’t worry if the caramel is too thick to coat the mix; it will melt in the oven.) Spread on the prepared baking sheets; bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until evenly coated, 45 minutes. Let cool completely. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Three Years Ago: Caesar Salad Club Sandwich
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Make Perfect Silver Dollar Pancakes every, single, time with one little trick. https://t.co/a2NY2JqmAA https://t.co/vfTteEa2Uy, 4 hours ago
- super easy beef and cabbage soup https://t.co/jCuW9osKUx via @comfortablefood https://t.co/VukYks0KIK, 20 hours ago
- 10 Unexpected Ways To Use Your #Hair Dryer Around The House https://t.co/f3QLjJGt8c https://t.co/05NBEkUysS, 23 hours ago
- RT @YvonneTremblay: #Turkey Cranberry Monte Cristo Sandwich! Can use deli turkey. https://t.co/5tGXXswJwN @OntarioTurkey @Cdn_Turkey… https://t.co/dpfj7WcY6v, 23 hours ago
- 26 Discontinued Foods That We Need To Bring BACK!! https://t.co/POrTSBXcDI https://t.co/Uf8HDWIadY, 23 hours ago