Addictive and completely delicious is the perfect desciption. I think this is the best snack mix I have made to date. I’m warning you, it’s impossible to stop eating.
The sweet and salty really comes through and the wasabi peas, which are normally too hot for me to eat, become these vehicles for delivering a sweet crunch in every bite.
This is your new game-night party mix, better than what you can buy in stores and keeps wonderfully for two weeks in an airtight container.
Make it today!
Sweet & Salty Popcorn Mix
Adapted from Food Network
5 cups light buttered popcorn
5 cups assorted Japanese rice crackers (not fish flavor)
1-1/2 cups cocktail peanuts
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1-1/2 cups wasabi peas
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup dark or light corn syrup
1 stick unsalted butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 2250 F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray. Toss the popcorn, rice crackers, peanuts, seeds and peas in a large bowl.
Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then cook, stirring, until thick, about 1 more minute. Remove from the heat. Carefully stir in the vanilla and baking soda (the caramel will bubble).
Pour the hot caramel over the popcorn mixture and stir with a metal spoon. (Don’t worry if the caramel is too thick to coat the mix; it will melt in the oven.) Spread on the prepared baking sheets; bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until evenly coated, 45 minutes. Let cool completely. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Three Years Ago: Caesar Salad Club Sandwich
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Beer-Cider Slam https://t.co/VUpliBB7sp #NationalDrinkBeerDay https://t.co/UGTD0BJO33, 6 hours ago
- These Sweet Chicken Chipotle Bites are going to be your new favorite dinner. Serve with warm,… https://t.co/RUHjSs0XnE, 7 hours ago
- RT @BarefeetKitchen: Sweet Chipotle Chicken Bites are a BIG favorite from #theweeknightdinnercookbook via @noblepig… https://t.co/tBSrpODhFu, 9 hours ago
- RT @cookthenet: Bacon, Tomato and Cheddar Breakfast Bake. - https://t.co/I6CzpMqQri via: @noblepig https://t.co/HabyKxR8FX #FoodPorn, 9 hours ago
- RT @BruCrewLife: This Avocado & Three Bean Salad from @noblepig sounds delicious! https://t.co/bGIyMbYaM2 https://t.co/8QoeJxeMXe, 9 hours ago