Wow, I've been busy lately. My kitchen misses me. The wine business can be/is all encompassing but at the same time rewarding. I get to meet and interact with so many incredible people. It is especially fun when many of you venture out to see us at shows. We love meeting our readers!! This past weekend was no different.
Anyway, today and many other days have been spent plowing through mounds of paperwork. Wine=thousands of pieces of paper. Have I told you all...WE ARE OPENING A TASTING ROOM (in the city of Carlton)...sometime next month?!!! We are very excited, but it creates even more paperwork.
Anyway, as I was working in my office today, I realized I needed a treat. I've been harboring some almond paste in my freezer for a while now. I keep it frozen otherwise I would devour it on a whim. I've always had a thing for it, as well as almond extract added to desserts. Luckily the paste thaws quickly and these little afternoon bites were born.
They are simplistic, crazy good little snacks and the perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
Almond & Pine Nut Crostini
1 baguette, sliced in 24 pieces
Pine nuts, toasted
Heat oven to 400o F. Place bread slices on a baking sheet and brush both sides of the bread with oil. Bake until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Spread softened almond paste on the crostini. Press pine nuts into the paste and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
One Year Ago: Peeps Sunflower Cake
Two Years Ago: Grilled Casear Salad with Roasted Garlic-Salted Pepitas
Three Years Ago: Guinness Stout Chocolate Layer Cake
Noble Pig Coffee Mugs$16.00
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Seafood tower!! @ Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak https://t.co/H9i6YW0MJU, 3 hours ago
- When breakfast is bigger than your head. Sage Fried Chicken with fresh spinach, hardwood smoked… https://t.co/OPsZ5RAXdk, 15 hours ago
- How cute are these? Jack O'Lantern Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers https://t.co/7OTf0Mqfzz via @CupcakeKaleChip https://t.co/mrPSQyI55S, 16 hours ago
- Heck yes! Cabbage Roll Casserole https://t.co/NxkhvEexBd via @comfortablefood https://t.co/Z3FKfzDBCB, Sep 29
- RT @Dinnersdishes: Sweet Chipotle Chicken Bites - ready in 15 minutes! From @BarefeetKitchen new cookbook! https://t.co/hAOv4gDWre… https://t.co/YJuN381NE6, Sep 29