The First Snow

“I am younger each year at the first snow.  When I see it, suddenly, in the air, all little and white and moving; then I am in love again and very young and I believe everything.”

~Anne Sexton, in a letter to W.D. Snodgrass (November 28, 1958)

1. Dana 1

What a beautiful quote!!

2. Glenn 2

I too love the first snow-it’s the next 99 that I can’t stand! :)

3. I am so jealous it’s not even funny. I live in New England, it’s November 23rd and it’s 60 degrees out?!? That ain’t right.

4. Miriam 4

Lovely quote indeed…

5. Nathan from Alabama 5

Ahh…words to live by….

6. Tom 6

I love the quote, but I would prefer a sunny and dry winter

My children are currently traveling, and not all will be here until 10PM tomorrow. So I’m glad you have the snow. I know your boys will love it!

Happy Thanksgiving, Cathy.

Marjie

Beautiful! Oh, I can’t WAIT for our first snow this year!!!

9. Michelle 9

The first and probably the only snow for the season in the area unless we have a “hard” winter as others are predicting. However, a hard winter in this area consists of 1/2 inch of snow in one day. My friends on the East Coast laugh at me when I tell them how much snow we have and the area comes to a halt.

10. Melinda 10

I have not seen that quote before, but I love it. That is exactly how I feel about snow.
    It is predicted to snow here tomorrow. It will cause such chaos but I still always love snow…even after last years 3 week drop at Christmas time.

11. Lexie 11

Ha! If that is a shot on the Linfield Campus I have to share that I was kissed LATE one foggy night under one of those fir trees. Tee hee! Cathy … love your blog. I envy the life you are living … as I know McMinnville and the thriving community it has become. I graduated from Linfield in ’91. Helped Ken Wright bottle his first release of (then) Panther Creek. So many great memories. Will be back for my reunion next year. Will have to stop in for a glass of your wine! I blog at http://www.lexieskitchen.com.

xo