Celebrate The Little Things

We have so much to be thankful for, more than could ever be listed here.  While this year has had its challenges, the gratitude we have in our hearts for family, friends and all of you is abundant and overflowing.  As the epic poet John Milton once wrote, “Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.” …I couldn’t agree more.

So as we observe Thanksgiving Day, may we all find the “little things” in our lives to celebrate and let us all find reflection in the following sentiment…

“To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common–this is my symphony.”  ~William Henry Channing

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Peace to you all.

Thanksgivings past….
Thanksgiving Day 2009
Thanksgiving Day 2008

Two Years Ago: Sweet ‘n’ Spicy Chicken

1. Deeba 1

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family Cathy! That picture is gorgeous!

2. Terry C 2

Thank you for this, Cathy. Especially with all the commercialism looming in the next month, I loved what you wrote, and the quotations — and the beautiful picture. Happy Thanksgiving!

Celebrate the Little Things….that is exactly what I am doing for Thanksgiving. I want to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving with your lovely family and I also want to thank you for all those wonderful recipes and your delicious wines that I have come to enjoy over the last few years. Thank You.

4. Dawn 4

You always pick such beautiful quotes! Happy Thanksgiving to you Cathy and the Noble Pig fsmily!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Cathy!

6. Nathan from Alabama 6

Happy Turkey day to you. Thank you for always keeping us entertained!!

7. Kulsum 7

Happy Thanksgiving Cathy!

Happy Thanksgiving Cathy!

9. Taina 9

What a beautiful John Milton quote, and a lovely leaf’d bench photo! I made two of your recipes for my family today – Butterscotch Apple Cake and the Dinner Rolls for a Crowd. Both were HITS, no surprise since all of your recipes that I’ve tried have turned out amazing!

In the cake I didn’t mix in the pecans. Instead I chopped and toasted them and had them on the side for people to add on top with the whipped cream and caramel sauce (somehow my family includes a couple nut-haters!)

And the rolls – I made Jalapeno-Cheddar Rolls with the addition of 1-1/2 cups grated Sharp Cheddar, about 1/3 cup chopped green onion, and 3 seeded and finely chopped jalapenos. I added those things at the same time as the egg. They turned out AWESOME…it’s such a moist buttery dough to start with.

Thank you for sharing with us all!

10. Allyson 10

This has been something I needed to say for a LONG time: girl, you are amazing! I am a college student in northern California and I have been following your blog for so long. I wish I could just reach through the screen and pull out your food! Inspiring, inspiring, inspiring. Basically: I love the blog…keep it up!

11. Allyson 11

This has been something I needed to say for a LONG time: girl, you are amazing! I am a college student in northern California and I have been following your blog for so long. I wish I could just reach through the screen and pull out your food! Inspiring, inspiring, inspiring. Basically, I love the blog…keep it up!