Pumpkin-Vanilla Flan

I have been craving this for a long time and while I have madeflan from scratch so many times (I have the caramel burns to prove it), I just don't have the free-time to do so.

When I saw this little recipe, I knew I wanted to give it a try. It couldn't be easier to throw together and the texture and taste are just perfect.

This got five-stars from the hubby andI will be making these again very soon. I can't wait until you give it a try...let me know how it goes.

Print Recipe

Pumpkin-Vanilla Flan

Recipe from: Inspired by Women's Day | Serves: 4

Ingredients

• 1 box (2.7-3 ounce) flan with caramel sauce
  • 1 cup pumpkin pie mix (not 100% pumpkin puree)
  • 1 cup liquid French vanilla creamer

Directions

• Place four 6 ounce custard cups or ramekins on a tray.Divide contents of caramel sauce packet into ramekins.
  • Add 1 cup pumpkin pie mix and 1 cup vanilla creamer to flan mix in a saucepan, stirring to make smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a full bubbling boil. Remove from heat and slowly pour into prepared heatproof dishes. Mixture will thicken as it cools.
  • Refrigerate at least 1 hour. To unmold, loosen edges of flan from mold with tip of knife. Top with plate; invert plate. Remove mold.

One Year Ago Today: Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Studded Oatmeal Cookies

1. Dawn 1

Oh wow, this couldn’t be easier. I MUST make it….love flan.

2. oh, WOW these look easy, AND fabulously delicious…

3. Lisa 3

I love flan, but pumpkin flan sounds heavenly. I like that it comes together so easily and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients.

4. I’ve never had flan before, but I love pumpkin & it does look easy.

5. Boxes to the rescue! Great recipe for a quick and beautiful presentation. I also have a great caramel burn on my hand from making flan. The pot dripped one drop as I was carrying it to the sink and my toddler got under me right were the drop was going to fall. I put my hand out over his head and it hit me on the back of my hand. Close one!! A fantastic third degree burn but baby was safe! Battle scars!

6. Lena in VT 6

Oh I love the quickness here….I have flan burns too…ha-ha. Making this soon.

7. Katie 7

I’ve always been intimidated by flan. But this looks so easy and good!

8. Megan 8

How easy and looks perfect. Another recipe I will be trying soon.
    I made the gnocchi and cheese, twice! :) It was that good!

9. What a simple recipe that looks so elegant! I have a friend who loves flan and I have been too chicken to make it. Now I have no excuse.

10. Courtney 10

I think you’re wonderful. I am a 21 year old student and hope that when I have a family, I’m as interesting and creative as you are.