Your Amazing Opinions Needed

Number one

Many of you have been following our entry into the wine and vineyard business for over two years now, something we truly appreciate…and we love sharing it with you!  It is by the far the most exciting time of our lives as we are finally starting to see some of the fruits of our labor coming to fruition.

The wine business takes patience…lots of it.  Years are spent maturing the first vineyard crop and newly made wine also has its aging process. This doesn’t even account for the time spent scouting and purchasing the perfect property, land development, planning and more planning until you can’t plan any more…but still have to.  It takes paying attention to every detail, something I thrive on.

While we are still working on many things to make this all happen, we have had some fun projects going on behind the scenes…one being WINE LABELS!!

A wine label is a very public and private statement, an extension of the winery owners themselves..  So much goes into it….you either start with a logo (for us the pig and the crown) or a name, and let your imagination take you from there.  We actually started with “Noble Pig”, a name born to me in my wine marketing class at UC Davis many years ago.  It only took off from there.

I believe a wine label captures not only your brand’s personality, but the personality of the wine as well.  This is why I prefer a more classic style of label, one that will convey the wine’s elegance, depth and maturity with an “old world” feel.

I think my label designer reiterated what I was trying to get across by saying, “The goal is to create a label that ignores the humor of the pig and brand name, and presents as a straight, elegant design.”   Yes!  Yes, that is what I was trying to say for so long but couldn’t get the words out, thank you Chris for reading my mind.

Quite honestly, when I stroll down the wine aisle in the grocery store I feel as if I’m touring an art gallery.  There are bold abstracts, classic still lifes, pastoral landscapes…they are more than just packaging, they are works of art.  In three square inches a wine label is to convey the vision, story and character of the wine, often a very difficult task.  However, when done well, a wine label is the perfect example of art, craft and design found in everyday life, something everyone can relate to.

So, while many winery owners might not share their label preliminary designs, I feel we are all friends here and connected in many ways.  I have come to value all of your opinions, which is why I have chosen to share with you some of our very first drafts.

I would love to have your feedback.

Many of the labels have only subtle differences but mostly we are concerned with things like paper color, size of the pig, shape of the label, font, asymmetrical composition and the use of decorative borders.  Changing the pig was something we also explored but in the end felt consistency was best.

Designing a label is not easy, it takes a lot of analysis and thought.  However, by continuing to focus on a consistent and deliberate visual message, I believe a wine label can become an iconic and meaningful design.

Thank you in advance for your help.  We will consider all of your opinions in the next stages of development.

Number two (above)

Number three (above)

Number four (above)

Number five (above)

Number six (above)

Number seven (above)

Number eight (above)

All designs crafted by Chris Noud of NowDesign.

1. Shelley 1

I really like the third label with the designed borders on the side of the label. It really popped out to me above all others. Good luck with you design!

2. I love, love, LOVE the very first design you used at the top of this post. Elegant, classy and eye-catching. I don’t think you could possibly improve on it!

3. Mary 3

I like the third label. I think it looks very classy

4. Third one up from the top speaks to me. :) Elegance with wit and clean.

Wow, it must be beyond exciting to finally see the pig on the label…I mean WOW! I love the first label with the decorative border, classic, elegant and old world!

I definitely like the cream background. My favorite label is the third one from the bottom however I would buy your wine no matter what the label looked like!

7. Beth M. 7

I like number 5–that little curlyque in the middle catches my attention!

8. Lena in VT 8

Oh wow, it is so exciting to see how this whole process works! I just never knew what goes on and how much work it is behind the scenes. I love the first label, top of the page with the bigger pig.

9. Cassie Malone 9

Love the 5th design, I think it is the most elegant.

10. Meredith 10

I absolutely love the first design at the top of the post..it’s perfect!

11. OK, my husband and I both like the last lable b/c of the swinus nobilicus at the top, but we like it with a bigger pig as in the first label. So basically if the first label had “swinus nobilicus” above the pig, that would be our choice. They’re all gorgeous, so I don’t think you could go wrong with whatever label you choose, although I do prefer the ones with cream/darker paper. The white labels seemed cheaper looking to me, even though the labels themselves were just as nice.

12. Candy White 12

The first one above your post is my very favorite. The look of the bordered paper is elegant without being too gawdy. The font colors and sizes all work together to give it a classy, “old world” fell that I think you said you were wanting to achieve.

13. Harry 13

The last label does it for me. However, I make a plea: PLEASE don’t follow the American herd and make 13/4% alcohol wines. They have no finesse, the alcohol kills any flavour and such power is just too much for Pinot Noir. See how they do it in Burgundy and y will occasionally make wonderful wine.

14. OK, now that I look at it again, I do like the last label, small pig and all. But I like them all–gah, it’s too hard to choose one!

15. Noble Pig 15

Harry-This was just a random number put on the bottle for the sake of design.

16. Leslie 16

i like the last one, and i say that because of the color, border, and the latin.

17. Michelle 17

Definately the 5th, I love the 2 tones of the paper

18. Jen B 18

I like the first one and the last one, but do not like the third one. I know I don’t ‘know’ you but I definitely don’t feel like it reflects the person who writes this blog!

19. Mom24 19

I like the fifth label. I love the way it’s divided.

20. Greg 20

Set up a Surveymonkey!

21. Kari 21

I like the 6th and 8th from the top of the page! They’re all good though.

22. leslie 22

I love the one with swinus optimous over the pigggy! I love the simple clean look!

23. Noble Pig 23

That’s actually the 6th label if counting from the top.

24. I like the one at the very top of your post. I think it is very elegant and simple. It makes the pig the statement, on some of the others, the borders are so gaudy that they detract from the pig itself.

25. Amber F. 25

Third from the top!

26. Lora 26

The label at the top of your post is my favorite…

I like the 4th one from the top best. This would have been easier if you numbered them. 😉

Wine labels are an interesting thing, I find that I often wind up picking what I buy based on the label. It’s true that a cool one will make me more likely to buy a wine.

This has, of course, led to some disappointments. Like that chard called “Evil” where the name is upside down and everything. Bland, boring wine. Totally didn’t deserve the name. Heh.

28. Well Cathy, I can’t say I like any one inparticular. But there are several designs from these that I would use to make one. I really like the old world yellowing color of paper better than the white. I like the smaller pig with the shadow under him. I would put more emphasis on the bold large lettering of Noble Pig and leave the pig smaller as a trademark insignia. And leave the classy sophisticated lettering under the bold Noble Pig. Leaving the bold Noble Pig seems to catch the eye and the trademark pig will help to remember the name if someone comes back looking for more. Oh, and I really like that “Swinus Nobilicus”!
    Sorry, but you asked. tee hee
    Not that I’m in marketing or really know what I’m talking about, but that’s my two cents.

29. Raina 29

LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM ALL THE 3RD AND 7TH. Very classy and just beautiful l think.

30. The very first one under your blog heading!! It’s perfect! Love the size of the pig, the color of the paper and the typestyle. ~LeslieMichele

31. babs 31

The very first label is perfect! I love the color of the paper, the font, the simple border, and especially the so-noble-yet-humble pig. (Did you try him with his shadow on that one?) I often choose my wine (always red, usually pinot) by the name and/or the artwork label, so I completely agree with your wanting to get it just right!

32. Amber 32

Yup I am still alive, just not near your level on blogging. I did some catch up today. Okay, my favorites are 1,6 & 7. If you are interested in the reasons….
    1 I like this one
    2 Reminds me of other labels
    3 The edges make me think of stationary
    4 A bit too plain
    5 Seems like two different labels
    6 Beautiful but I think a fine border would make it stand out
    7 Love the ‘swinus nobilicus’
    Just my opinion though. I was actually amazed at all of them, but these were my choices.
    You are going to be fabulous.

33. Hooly 33

I really like the layout/graphics of the top one. The bottom is my 2nd choice. I like the Latin added in, would make me smile if I saw that on the shelf.

34. julo 34

Oh wow, those look AMAZING! I absolutely LOVE the swinus nobilicus on the last one. I like the design of the 3rd to last (they need numbers! LOL!) Counting from the list at the end (and not that first one at the beginning), I love the second one down the best, by far. I like the color, I like the font, and overall design. They all look amazing, really.

35. Lydia 35

I like the first and the fifth, because they’re both simple and elegant.

36. Actually, after looking several times at all of them (and they are all very nice) I think I like the one at the top the best! I definitely like the line to say “Oregon Pinot Noir” instead of just “Pinot Noir”. Love the label.

37. Ronnie 37

Swinus Nobilicus wins hands down.

38. shelley 38

I liked the last one. Loved the title above the pig…..And while I liked most of them, I love the logo set against the gold label. My least favorite was the two-toned label…it seemed like it was trying too hard.

39. Lisa Sipple 39

What an honor to help choose…I like number one the best…very classic and simplistic!

40. Joan 40

I like the top one the best. Have mixed feelings about the swinus nobilicus. Definitely prefer the darker color. Any thoughts of a “back” label that might give some thoughts to why you’ve named the wine/blog “Noble Pig”? Definitely say Oregon Pinot Noir…

41. #6 is my pick.

42. Kim 42

I like #6. Something about the swirl dividing the label, although I can’t quite articulate what it is about it.

43. definitely the last one! love the tanner background, the divide, and the “latin”.

44. sippy 44

#7 is classic and simple. Your familiar logo with only the most necessary elements. Less is more.

45. Jamie 45

#8 is my favorite. I like the scale of the pig and having “Oregon” in the name of the wine. Best of luck!

46. Tanya 46

I like the eighth and the third. I thought the title above the pig added a little something. The think the size of th pig in these choices is also the best.

47. Pat 47

Were I to be in the store and purchasing a Pinot Noir, definitely Oregon, your number one label would be the choice. Number two is a nice label but needs an edging to make it stand out. Not, though, as elaborate as number four. All the best wishes for your new crop and hopefully it will be more than 25 cases as there are more of use following your blog than that could supply.

48. JAMIE 48

really like all of them, but if i had to choose just one….#7. this is getting exciting!

49. Julie 49

I really like #4. Can’t say why other than it just catches my eye, especially if it was on a dark-ish bottle. How far away will your wines be sold? I don’t really know anything about wine, but I’d love to try it!

50. Jim in Calgary 50

Just a suggestion from the Statue of Liberty.

Corona Radiata Cerdo

(Pig with a radiating crown)

ps: as a long time subscriber, I should really comment more often, thanks for the constant updates and recipes, hope the vineyard is extremely successful)

Jim

51. Kara 51

I love #1 and My Husband likes #5. I know they are a lot alike, I just like the border. I think the pig is such an important part that it should be large and simple. Love, love, love it!

52. June 52

I love number 3 – particularly the “Swinus Optimus”; however, speaking as a former “Marketer” the fonts are great – with Noble Pig front and center and the script (wine type) there but more subtle. After all people are going to buy “Noble Pig’s” wines FIRST with variety secondary, so your winery name needs to stand out. I too would be concerned about label colors and/or background. You’ll want to be noticed & stand out in the crowd but I’m sure with ya’ on the classy and we all know that humor sells too! How fun Cathy! Follow your heart – you know what you like and you’ve got GREAT taste!

Okay, honestly, it’s the noble crowned pig that attracted me in the first place, which makes it difficult for me to choose. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if you could say *pignot noir*? Okay, maybe not… just a random thought.

When I buy wine (thanks to your guidance I might add) I first look to price, then immediately to an innovative title or artwork. I honestly think that it’s #3 (swinus optimus) or #8 (swinus nobilicus, which I especially like). An expensive looking, entertaining label for a bargain. Oui!

54. laura 54

i love them all! but i think # 7 really caught my eye the most. so clean and classy. seriously if i saw a wine bottle with any of these labels i would buy it to give it a try.

I like numbers one and eight. They appeal to me on the elegant level, but eight appeals to my quirky side.

56. livlaugheat 56

the first one! but all of them are interesting and would catch my attention…which is probably not that helpful…

57. joy 57

My preferences are 1 and 5. My husband and I are both in advertising and like the clean, elegant, simple versions. 1 is our absolute favorite b/c we like the border. Definitely like the Oregon Pinot Noir since that is our favorite. I don’t like the pig humor in 3 or 8.

But as others have said, they are all good and would catch my attention in a store.

58. VIckie 58

I LOVE the simplicity of number 5! I always gravitate to simple labels – they seem more sophisticated.

59. Jenn Mixdorf 59

I like #4. I like the simplicity, yet eye catching and the font is great. Good luck!

60. Helen 60

I like #3 or #8 the only difference being whether you like a noble – nobilicus or a optimus pig. Think I vote for the noble – nobilicus one !
    Good luck
    Helen
    PS Would love to hear the background on your choice of the “Noble Pig” name some time. I’m sure there’s a story there.

61. I love number 7 because it’s understated elegance is beautiful.

62. Jill 62

I like #1 and #6. Good luck!

63. Lorrie 63

number 3

and remember,
    “We will sell no swine before it’s time”

64. leftfoot 64

As a designer myself I see a lot of stuff across the web that is just horrendous. Happily, I can say this is not in that category. You have yourself a fantastic designer!

My only opinion is that I think you lose a little of the elegance you’re going for with the “swinus …”. It adds humor so if that’s what you’re going for (a little, obscure tongue-in-cheek detail) then it’s perfect.

I have not one negative opinion about any of the designs. They are simple, which is fantastic because I see so much stuff that’s overdone. They are also wines I would pick up blindly because of the off-beat name and how appetizing the typography is.

Fantastic!!

65. YanksWinAgin 65

#8 with the border. Have to go with the Latin (or is it Pig Latin)

66. Bogey 66

#3, #6, #8. I think I like #3 best.

Like you said, it has to reflect you, so whichever resonates for you is the one you’ll want to choose. You’ll be living with it a long time.

67. Lorrie 67

and I agree with leftfoot about the ‘swinus’ part, but I just assumed it was there for experiment…

68. nina 68

For me 3 and 6. This must be such an exciting time for you!!!

69. Jodi 69

It’s a tie between no 3 and no 8. I like the darker color, the fine lines borders, and the latin above the pigs. Best wishes!

70. Olivia 70

Hello! I am a long-time reader and fan but first time commenter. I’ve always loved reading your blog and especially about your vineyard pursuits so I thought I’d chip in! I love the 1st and 8th in particular, as well as the 7th. On a side note, if you are going for the straight Latin translation of “noble” in the 8th one, it’s actually nobilis, not nobilicus. But I have no idea if you were wanting to do a play on words there or blend it with an oenological term in which case I apologize for my confusion! Anyway, I think they’re all well done no matter which you choose. Good luck and thank you for such wonderful daily reads!

71. Krista 71

I liked 1, 3, and 6. Best wishes on the selection and the launch of your wine!

72. Anne 72

I like #1 if you could afford to do the border as an emboss instead of two black lines. I prefer #6 and the whole lot reminds me of something nice I saw on Curved White today: link to headvsheart.com

73. MoonStar 73

I am a Graphic Designer, and while searching for new wines I also look at label design. Many times, its the label that makes my selection for me. Number 6 would be my choice. Classic, refined and sophisticated. My only adjustment would be to consider the use of a Fleur de Leis rather than the squiggle design.

74. Joanna 74

#6 really stood out to me. Eye-catching and unique. Best of luck on your wine business! In the meantime, I’m really enjoying your recipes!

75. Debi Miller 75

I’m partial to #4 and #6. Wanted you to know that yesterday we had the whiskey glazed corn beef. OMG!!! This is my new recipe for St Patty’s Day forever! My son was all over facebook with his claims of “hog heaven” about our dinner. Thanks for making it another great meal at our house.

76. Amy R 76

Love the first and last. So many times a wine label blends into every other label. I like the boldness of the simplicity! And I love, love, love your blog and recipes. You have saved us from boredom and mediocrity.

77. Hi! I, like Olivia, am also a longtime reader and fan/ first time commenter~ I like numbers three (the swinus optimus), six (the divide with the two colours), and seven (because of the cream background). I don’t like eight because it feels too rigid and no-nonsense what with the borders, latin, and lack of curvy italicized letters. Best of luck with this entire process, I look forward to trying out a bottle when they launch!

78. elizabethk 78

#3 – catches my eye more than all the rest. simple, straightforward. Truthfully – I know they’re important (labels) – but I am more a content kinda gal, and I know whatever is grown, produced in your vineyards will be amazing — and worthy of all celebrations!

79. Kiyo 79

I vote for the first label #1 – I like the font and color of the “Pinot Noir”. 2nd choice is #3, 3rd choice #5. Definitely the cream colored label vs the white label.

80. Elizabeth 80

Quite partial to number eight!

81. Diana 81

Cathy, I prefer number three for its background color, font styles, state ID and region….Best of luck! Don’t forget to contact Nugget on Covell so they can prepare an endcap just for your launch!

82. Diana 82

…make that option 8….
    8 has the state and the region which I think is important for the consumer…

83. Lia 83

Okay, I think they all look pretty good, but I will say that I like the ones that are that darker tan background color a LOT more.

84. Chris 84

1, 3, 5, and 8 are my favorites. I like the darker label better than the white, but I don’t have any strong preference other than that. I think they’re all very classy looking.

85. Betty 85

Well Fencepost, you may not be in marketing but you sure have some great ideas. I like the idea of taking at least 1 thing from all the lables to make 1 label. Very good idea, I couldn’t have said it better myself.
    Betty

86. Tanya 86

Hard to choose but I narrowed it down to #2 and #7

87. Melinda 87

Number 7, in the cream label colour.
    I am a newbie to your site. How exciting to be picking out labels for your own wine. Not many people can put claim to that!

88. Hey Cathy. It looks like you are getting lots of support here and differing opinions. I like #6 with it’s 2 tones and colours. I do like the smaller pig though so would make the pig smaller.No matter which you choose it is elegant.

89. Dunne' 89

I prefer the design of #3 the best…I like the overall look and layout of it as well as the font, wording and size of the pig. I do, however, really like the paper of #2 as well (maybe with the design of #3)?! If I have to choose out of all of them as is, I would say #3 hands down!

90. Shannon 90

Number 2. I think the color and the mix of script and print are the most attractive. It looks approachable and somewhat irreverent, but very drinkable. I can’t wait to try it!

91. I’d say #3 or #8. The Latin on each one is a nice touch.

92. BeccaW 92

I prefer #8. How exciting all these decisions must be!

93. Julia 93

I like #3. I also like the shadow under the pig of #7. I like the color, border and texture of #2.
    How fun and exciting!!! Congrats!

94. Jackie 94

I like 1 and 5. color of label, and no swinus over pig, keep that off label. I think I prefer #1 over 5 because of the size of the pig and the banding. But maybe banding on 5 would be equally as appealing as it is on #1. First choice #1, second choice #5

95. Debbi 95

I like #5. It’s the most simple I think. I think the less words the better.

96. km 96

#2 !!

i like number two and number 6… i do not drink alcohol but those lables would catch my eye and if i did not already know the logo i would surely stop and check it out.

98. Robyn 98

I LOVE number 1. Clean, classy and the brand name really jumps out.

99. My favorite, hands down is the second one that says “swinus optimus”. The “swinus nobilicus” label, which is very similar is my second choice, but I like the fancy script for Pinot Noir. My third favorite is #6, and it might have been a contender for 1st or 2nd if it had the swinus bit above the pig. The little doodly in the middle separating the colors is nice on this label design. However, I really like either “swinus optimus” or “swinus nobilicus” for the wording at the top, and feel that one of those really does need to be there. I think your pig and crown convey both class and humor at the same time, something which can’t be too easy to do.

100. Kim in MD 100

I LOVE #1, but after reading Fencepost’s comments I have to say I agree with her. I love the pig with the shadow under it, the 25 cases limited addition, the dark label, etc.

Fencepost’s idea of using your favorite components of each label is great!

Oh- and I don’t like the labels with the borders…too distracting. The pig should be the star! :-)

Good luck with your wine…if I see it I will definately try it!

101. Carol Vasbinder 101

I like #1 the best.

102. linda 102

I like the third label because of the beige color and texture. The one thing I don’t care for is the wording “swinus optimus”, I would suggest leaving that off.

103. Cassie 103

I would purchase any bottle of wine that said “Swinus Optimus” on it! I LOVE IT!!!

So I guess Number Two for me!

104. Cassie 104

Oops! I can’t count! It would be NUMBER THREE!

Swinus Optimus is so totally awesome!!

105. Heather h 105

I love #3. It looks the most like classic elegance to me. I particularly love the Swinus Optimus at the top. Really they are all lovely designs, you guys did a great job!

106. Melynda 106

#6, it is the black scroll design that sets it apart and gives it elegance. Gold is very elegant to be sure, but that belongs on the crown.

107. Leigh 107

I have to go with Number Eight, because it has Swinus Nobilicus, it mentions Oregon and McMinnville, and it has a border that’s not too swirly & poofy. But I like the script you have on some of the other labels, too.
    Or Number Three, but throw “Oregon” in there somewhere (for those of us cartographically challenged!)
    BTW, one of the things I love about your sight is the humor, and I love a touch of humor in ANY product, especially something that could be so snobby and elitist. I believe it makes it more accessible for those of us easily intimidated. Please keep the Swinus Nobilicus!

108. Erin 108

I like number 3. It’s simple and elegant.

109. Andria 109

I prefer #5, but very closely followed by #8. I find the simpler designs stand out more to me when I’m perusing new wines.

110. April 110

For me, I’d have to say the last one at the bottom of your post that says Swinus Nobilcus. I like the fact that it is restating your name but in a different way (which is great for branding and marketing). This one also brings across what you really wanted to portray – more elegance and style, and it also look authentic and old world. If it were solely up to me I say the last one wins hands down. There isn’t even a contest in my mind.

Enjoy seeing the fruits of your labor, Cathy! I truly have enjoyed coming along and seeing your journey. I am newer to your journey but glad I’m on the ship. :)

111. Linda 111

okay so my vote is for number 1, but with the smaller pig as in number 8, and while my witty side loves the latin I feel like the pig logo has enough understated wit without being in your face. You don’t want to detract serious wine drinkers from thinking “this person is trying to get me to buy this because the label is funny.” That being said if I tried it at a tasting and liked it I’d buy extra to bring to friends homes as a chuckle and because it’s good stuff. Oh and I kind of like the shadow under the pig. Hey why not pig latin? Haha I made myself snort!!! Please stop me now.

112. Marlene 112

I love Number 1 and Number 4. I agree with you when visiting the wine section or a wine store, it’s like visiting a art show.

113. kelly 113

#3 or #8 are the best in my opinion. Look so rich and classy :) And I’m a graphic designer if it helps w/your decision making haha :)

114. Marjorie 114

No. 4… maybe with a little darker paper

115. Scott 115

#3 is my favorite. I like the swinus optimus – nice touch.

116. Jen b. 116

IMHO…. #3

117. Jen b. 117

ok now that i notice the numbers under them its actually #4

118. Trish 118

I love #3. Great art, size, font, and layout.

119. Tammy 119

I like the first one the best and I’d add the Swinus Nobilicus.

120. Tahla 120

I love love love #6, I would buy that wine just because of the label!!

121. charlak 121

Number 1 followed by number 8. Like the clean look, color of the paper. The pig is a strong logo, it stands alone!

122. Trisha 122

Personally, I am between number one and number 6. I like the yellowish/brownish paper and the bigger pig with the plain font for Noble Pig.

123. elra 123

Cathy,
    I like #5 because it is a clean design (I wish the back ground color is white)
    Good luck, and hope to able to taste one oneday.

124. Athena 124

I’m torn between the first one and the last one, but I’m going to go with my first instinct and choose number one. It’s simplistic yet elegant.

125. Emily 125

I love #2, except I think that it needs the “Swinus Optimus” at the top of it like #3 does. Good luck–can’t wait to see the final label!

126. Daphne 126

I love the last one, and, the very first one posted. You’ve done a great job!

127. Amy 127

I like #7 best.

128. mj 128

I like #4, then #6, then #2.

129. Theresa 129

The design of number six, with the working for Swinus Nobilicus from number eight! :)

130. Diane in Cincinnati 130

I really like #8 – especially the Swinus Nobilicus addition.

I do not like at all the split design of #6 nor the border of #4.

131. Jessica 131

I absolutely love the 2 with “swinus optimus” or “swinus nobilicus” on them! These are all very traditional looking wine labels (and I will admit, I’m totally that person that will buy a bottle if it’s got a flashy catchy label, so I might not be the best person to judge) but all of these are very straight forward but if you look at it for a second you can go “Oh, ha!” at the piggie. The fancy type and the latin did it for me though. Its a traditional label with a touch of lol.

132. Lora Lynn 132

Eight (love the Latin) or five. Simplicity is beautiful.

133. Kristine 133

134. marci 134

I really like number one. I like the simplicity, background color, outline, and the fact that it mentions Oregon.

135. Angela Chambliss 135

My first choice is #3 and second is #6. I agree with how important a label is, I have picked many a wine based on the label alone.

136. Megan 136

I can’t pick between 1 & 6

137. I like them all! But 3 and 8 get my votes! I cannot wait for my own bottle of that Pinot Noir!!!!!

138. krysta 138

2,4,7 i like the simplicity and the lighter color which will pop on a green bottle but 8 with the latin… awesome… how about 7 with the latin from 8 on top? love them all.

the first one for sure!

140. Hilary 140

I love the 5th one, the two tones, dark on top, light on bottom, with the pretty swirly in between. They are all beautiful, your designer did a great job!

141. Carol-Ann 141

3 and 5 – very nice!

142. Kristina 142

I love the first one – simple and classy, not too much “stuff”. LOVE your pig & crown logo, always have!

143. debbi eberle 143

5 or 1. When I find a good wine I want to recommend to friends, it is sometimes very difficult for for them to find it with my frequent sketchy info. these two labels would be destinctive on the shelf, yet provide just the right amount of info. If your marketing plan includes a large amount of product movement in retail setting, I think these labels would set you apart…of course, in a very positive way AND your pig is way cuter than the Eberle “Wild Boar”!

144. Anna 144

Absolutely love #3, then #8. The latin reference to the pig ties it in to its European origins.

145. Chinya 145

Number 1 for sure…but if not, then Number 6 is a keeper.

146. Brian 146

Number 1 looks the best. The pig and bold name are emphasized. The color of the paper and border help it stand out. Very clean and eye catching.

147. Stephanie 147

Between 1 and 8

148. erin 148

I have to vote for the last one, but I like the cursive “pinot noir” of the first label.
    Love LOVE the pig!! Can’t wait to try it!

149. Pamela 149

My preferences, for what it’s worth:
    Number 3 & Number 8
    I prefer the different fonts of #3, but prefer #8’s SWINUS NOBILICUS over #3’s SWINUS OPTIMUS to continue with “traditional” Noble Pig. The label color bolder than other samples, prefer also the simple border in #3, definitely busier border not a preference. Okay, there, my two cents! Good luck.

150. gina 150

Number 5. I found your site a few years ago when looking for recipes -and have followed you since. You also introduced me to the wonders of Oregon reds – wow, what a treat – and one I would not have tried without the info you posted on your blog. As a huge cab/sav fan, I never even looked at others, especially from Oregon – and am now in love with the wines you have hgihlighted – especially the pinots you have recommended. My holiday gifts consisted mostly of those and they were a huge hit. Thanks for opening my eyes to these wonderous wines. I can’t wait to have some of yours.

151. Shannon 151

I love “swinus optimus”!

152. pamm 152

love number 1 and 6. Great job.

153. Karen 153

Number 1. I like the Pinot Noir in cursive and think the whole label denotes class and elegance.

154. Mr Saver 154

#1

155. I really love the darker paper and simlpe double line border of # 3 and # 8. They seem timeless and appropriate. I agree with Pamela that Swinus Nobilicus does keep the traditional noble pig feel. Good luck and great work!

156. Kirstin 156

Number 6. Simple, elegant. Don’t like swinus optimus – somehow it doesn’t instill any confidence in me that the wine will be good.

157. Sanura 157

Number 6 has clean and fun graphics, for it is very Modern. I can see this label being used for other types of wine. With the bottom half changing colors.

158. Arlene 158

My favorite label is Number 8

They all look great; I favor number 4 because I like the majestic and large lettering of “Noble Pig.”
    I think that the pig graphic is fine except that I wish his/her head were up instead of down….depicting “nobility.”

I’m very excited for you.

160. analise 160

2nd one down

161. I have been jealous of your icon for years and LOVE the darling pig on the label! Genius! That said, I am in the 1, 3, and 8 camp and love adding the line ‘swinus nobilicus’ – very charming.

162. Misty 162

Labels are very important! I often will buy a bottle of wine just because the label spoke to me.

My vote is for number 1, at the top of the post. I think its the most elegant, uncluttered, and beautiful label of all the options. I really hope we get a chance to purchase your wine in the future as it has been so fun joining you (virtually) on this journey.

163. lisa 163

#8 is my favorite!

164. Kathy 164

#6 – best of luck in this adventure!

165. Dirk in Maine 165

Wow, this is an absolute blast being part of the behind the scenes stuff. You have no idea how cool this is to the consumer. I do love #8 with the Latin and block font. Cannot wait to buy some of this Pinot, a case will be my first order!!

166. britternee 166

number 3 and number 8

167. ICE 167

3 or 8!!!

168. Cathy 168

I like the very first one the best.

169. Ann 169

I love 3 & 8, but without the alcohol content listed on the front. Swinus Optimus and Swinus Nobilicus really made me smile!

170. Tara 170

I am torn between #3 and #8

171. Angela 171

Number 1. Simply elegant! Good luck on your new venture!

172. Number 1 is very strong but there is something very elegant in the simplicity of Number 6. That pig is just so great!

173. Number 1 is very strong but there is something ultra elegant in the simplicity of Number 6. I am one of those who would buy number 6 just because the label is so strong. That pig is just so great!

174. Kristin 174

#1 Absolutely no question. I love the size of the pig. Of all of them sitting on a shelf I would pick that one up. The pig and the name alone provide enough humor – the rest is just elegant.

I like the basic design of 1, 2 and 3. As for which one (and this applies to all the labels), what are you going for? In #1 the ‘pig’ and ‘Noble Pig’ have almost the same “weight” so they sort of stand out together when looking at the label. In #2 the ‘pig’, ‘Noble Pig’ and ‘OPN’ all carry the same weight so they all sort of blend into one (to me this makes it busy and I might just pass by this label). #3 the ‘Noble Pig’ stands out so that the ‘pig’ and ‘PN’ are more background. I personally like any of your labels where the ‘pig’ and ‘Noble Pig’ have the same weight and pop out at you when you look at the label.

176. Heather 176

NUMBER 6

177. Stephanie-Oh 177

I like #1. It’s simple and elegant (or # 8 is nice too).

Holy cow, nearly 200 comments! Sweetie, your eyeballs will be spinning. I like the last one, because the Latin verbiage on the label made me giggle, but I also liked #4 and #6 – very classy and classic. Sorry to not be more definitive.

179. stephanie 179

I like #2. Looks very modern/fresh. The white is very eye-catching.

180. Lynne 180

Hands down #1.
    A label that would make me reach for the bottle over anything else on the shelf.
    Best of luck to you, I am looking forward to my first tasting!

181. Wendy Riehle 181

I love #3, but I like the Swinus Nobilicus better than Optimus, as Optimus makes the pig sound like a Transformer. :)

182. Melissa 182

You crack me up! The first one is very nice. But I’d have to go with the third one or the eighth one. Sinus Optimus/Swinus Nobilicus!!! I’m still laughing.
    I know next to nil about wine and I walk the aisle of wine looking at the cool art work on the bottle. Since I know nothing of wine I just grab a cool bottle. (Sometimes the wine is really horrible though I wished I would put some study time in)
    Not that my opinion matters though. Oh, I love the Noble Pig name. I bought wine once just because the name was Fat Bastard and I thought it was funny.

I love, love, love the first label.

184. Robin Sue 184

#1 and #8 are my favorites. I like the simple border, very elegant. I like #8 but would like to see Oregan Pinot Noir in the red script as in #1 and you must have swinus nobilicus, very nice touch. I like the font for Noble Pig in #1 and #8 but do not like it in script, too over done. I do not like the lace border on #4, too fancy with the pig. The pig symbol with the crown is tops, don’t ever change that, ever! I like the label color of #1 and #8 as well. Hope this helps you Cathy!

185. Ginny 185

Awesome! I like 5 but with the background color of 3.

186. Penny Wolf 186

I adore number six! I really like number four but the pig and the type NOBLE PIG are too far apart from each other. I say NOBLE PIG moves up and then a division inserted similar to number six.

187. Ali 187

I don’t know much about wine but I am a graphic artist and I like #1!

188. Heather 188

I like the two-toned background of number six, but also the Latin over the pig. I really like “swinus optimus.” There might be too much repetition of “noble” if you use Noble Pig and Swinus Nobilicus together, but Noble Pig and Swinus Optimus is varied and unique. Great work!

189. emily 189

I like the added Latin but my father a former latin teacher got a pinched face because he couldn’t get passed the porcus to get the funny. I assume you meant it to be funny at least. Anyway, he suggests you change it to Porcus Nobilicus because it would be funny and correct. He’s kind of stoggy. Anyway, I think they are all great but the latin adds a definite finishing touch.

190. Gloria 190

I like both seven and eight – seven because it’s clean and eight because it’s whimiscal.

191. Debra 191

#1, classic and eye catching

192. I like the swirl in number six. I like the “parchment color” in numbers 1,3 and 8. I like the shadow under the pigs belly, but not the drop shadow under the pigs feel. I like the larger size pig.

193. Terri A. 193

The first and the last are my choice(s).

194. Dawn J. 194

I’m not a wine drinker so, when I do buy wine I usually end up getting a bottle with a cool looking label.For what it is worth, I liked them all but, my favorites were #1 and #3.

195. Dawn J. 195

Sorry….#1 and #4

196. lindsay 196

number 1 & number 3!

197. Nathan from Alabama 197

Love that dang pig and the name. Number 8 is my favorite. Are you trademarked?

198. Marlene Saunders 198

I meant NUMBER 7. Didn’t pay attention to the “above” part. NUMBER 7 is the BEST. From all aspects it it the strongest. 7!

199. arel 199

The first one popped. I believe it really portrays a straight elegant design and the “limited edition” really exemplifies an exclusive image.

200. Noble Pig 200

Nathan- We are currently seeking trademark protection.

201. J Fair 201

I am partial to Number 5! I also think it might be a good idea to use recycled paper for the label.

202. Jo 202

I love number 2 and 8. I like that they are Oregon Pinot and the lay out.
    But, they are all beautiful!

203. Gina 203

#1 the simple and uncluttered layout is perfect. Don’t try to force elegance. Simplicity, when well done, is the best way to achieve elegance!

204. Lisa A. 204

Number 6 would be my choice. I like the elegance, and the two-tone really stands out.

205. I like #’s 3, 6, and 8. I did not like the one with vertical borders, but the one divided horizontally was nice. Swinus optimus and nobilicous are awesome. Can’t wait to taste the final product!

206. Melissa Anderson 206

I love label #6! The only change I would make is to add Swinus Nobilicus to it. Then it’s perfect!

207. nancy 207

i like the last label. having words above the pig makes for a more complete image for me.

208. Patty 208

I think the ones with borders look better, some kind of fusion between number 3 and number 6 would be pretty.

209. Amanda 209

I liked 2 (I know few if any people picked it) I liked how the pig really stood out against the light background.
    I also like 5 for a very classic label look.

210. Courtney 210

I’m for the first one at the top of the post- and # 7- classic and simple= very elegant

211. Anya 211

I am a lurker, but today, I think I should comment.
    #2 is flat-out my favorite. I like the clean and classy look of it.

212. Heather 212

I really like number 6 because the swirly thing in the middle really caught my eye. I think it’s good to have something that will stand out without being too elaborate. I can’t wait until it’s all ready!

213. Meredith 213

I really love the first one–hands down.

214. John 214

3,6,8 definitely not the white paper. good luck with everything.

215. Anna 215

The first one is my favorite, but I love the little Swinus Nobilicus line – so cute! Could that be put on the top label?

216. Cheryl 216

#6 appears to be the most elegant to me!

217. Kay 217

# 8 I believe is my favorite.

218. Mikeficus 218

My vote is for number five. I would move the alcohol statement lower on the label, nearer to the bottom edge however.

The pig logo needs no further embellishments(i.e. shadow, Latin motto). I like the unpretentious simplicity, the legibility of the fonts, the contrasting colors.

Hope it helps.

219. Cynthia 219

Number 2 is my favorite. I really love your site.

220. Kaye 220

Love #1. Simple is best.

221. Dianne 221

#3 #3 #3 #3 !!!

. . .like the old world yellowing color of paper much better than the white, and the Swinus Nobilicus line. Can you use recycled paper for the label? (not that I’d mention it on the label)

222. Megan 222

#2- like the white background against a dark bottle, like “Noble Pig” being print and Pinot Noir being cursive. Whatever you choose, they are all excellent!

223. Julie 223

I like #3, but with Oregon instead of AVA (think its important to say OR) Also like #6 as a back up)

25 cases isn’t going to be enough for all your friends on the website!

224. Jim B. in Wisconsin 224

Swinus Nobilicus all the way!

225. Eleanor 225

I like 7.

It very simple and a dark bottle will make it pop.
    I also love the font.

226. erikalynn316 226

1st choice: #3 and 2nd choice: #8. I definitely like the “Swinus Optimus/Nobilicus” addition. It’s playful without being foolish and acknowledges your obvious sense of humor. Love your site and look forward to seeing what you’ve chosen!

227. olyval 227

Love #6 the best with the 2 tones and the curlique, but add the Swinus Nobilicus from #8, my 2nd favorite.

Love #8. Strong yet simply elegant.

229. Jenna 229

I love the 7th label. The shadow under the pig icon creates an illusion that the pig is distant, making the name of the wine the first thing the eye notices. And i think the lighter paper will be very clean against a glass bottle.

230. Helen 230

All designs are very nice. But I would say that #6 is my favorite.

231. Makinzy 231

I love #3 and #8. The “swinus …” adds a lovely touch of fun and whimsy.

232. I like the first one and the third one. I hope we can try the wine one day!

233. Cathy 233

#4 and #6 are my picks.

234. Evan 234

#4 with “Swinus Optimus” at the top-center would be my choice!

235. #3 and #8 look the same to me and I like them both,
    I also like #6 very much. Wow this is getting exciting!
    I always thought the background on your label would have food on it. Some gorgeous food. I can’t wait to buy a bottle!

236. Dory 236

Number one is my favorite! I can’t wait to purchase your wine one day because I love pigs, I love your blog and wine ain’t so bad either :-)

237. Maria 237

The best of luck with it guys, I wish you great success!
    Between the one and the six, the two most appealing to me… I think I will go with the six, I love the two tone and all.

238. MizzM 238

Definitely the 3rd label. I am guilty of purchasing wine based on the label. I like the “swinus optimus” and I also like knowing where the wine came from in a more specific way.

239. Joy 239

Wow, all lovely designs! But I have to say my favorite is #7, I love how clean and modern it looks, but it’s still elegant. The eyes are drawn to the name, “Noble Pig”, which I just adore. It has a hint of whimsy, but not too much that one won’t take it seriously as a wine. If I see that on the aisle I’d pick it up in a heartbeat. :)

Thank you so much for sharing these with us! So very exciting!

240. linda 240

your wine label designer is very talented…
    my eye keeps going back to label # 8 with a minor modification…i think the “swinus nobilicus” should be deleted & our “noble” pig moved up a bit.
    we have been drinking a wine from hoopes vineyard & love their label as well as their wine!
    best wishes with your ultimate choice…i know it will be perfect for you… as “great” as your blog…which i enjoy & admire.
    all the best!

241. Kim 241

I like number one. But I like the font on number seven. I like the pig bigger

242. linda 242

i think that your graphic designer has done an excellent presentation on your wine labels…my eye keeps going back to label #8 with a minor modification…i would eliminate the copy “sinus nobilius” & then your designer will have to play around with the space…perhaps moving our “noble” pig up a bit…& adjusting copy…just a thought…
    have your ever seen the hoopes wine label…not only do i enjoy the wine but i was drawn to the label first!!
    link to hoopesvineyard.com
    best wishes on your final selection…
    i am certain it will be elegant as well as fun…your blog provides me with all that & i look forward to your posts!
    all the best!

243. alisaa 243

3rd! For all the other reasons already stated, plus it made me chuckle :)

244. Evelyn 244

I agree about “nobilis” rather than “nobilicus!”
    They look great! I also love the darker paper color and having Oregon on the bottle. Can’t wait to try out your wine some day!

245. annbb 245

1 and 5, though I like the pig size better in 5. I also like that “swinus nobilicus” copy on 8. Well done!

246. annbb 246

(I’m also guilty of buying a wine for its label the first time. If the wine is good, a 2nd bottle is bought, if I don’t like it, it’s one and done!)

247. annbb 247

Didn’t see that nobilicus vs. nobilis. They’re correct, it IS nobilis, and that sounds even better!

248. Linda 248

Number 1 looks like the perfect wine label to me. Without seeing your post, I actually thought about being able to buy your wine when I was in the liquor store this week!

249. Rayrena 249

I really like the first label; very clean and clear. I also like the 8th one but think the latin makes it a bit cheekier. Maybe it could be used for certain blends that are more likely to be used for casual gatherings. I also really like the shadow under the pig’s belly (more so than the one under just the feet).

Very excited for you Cathy!

250. Janine Berlin 250

I am torn between 6 and 8.I like the two tone paper of 6 and the use of the burgundy (relates to the color of the wine). 8 is simple and elegant.My only suggestion to both is to add gold accent to the crown of the pig. An expense during printing but a nice visual touch. Good Luck!

251. Mary 251

I think I like #7 the best. Cathy, there is another Noble Vineyard in Oregon. Make sure your label is as different from theirs as possible.

252. Budd White 252

I like 4 and 6. I would also love to see for your top reserve pinot a more streamlined pig…like a pig that is jumping or flying…it would be elegant and fantastical, and connote the smooth, silky soaring character of very fine pinot noir, and perhaps with gilt on the label.

Thanks for letting us comment our dumb thoughts!

253. Jessie 253

i like 2 4 6 and 7

254. Lennie 254

#2 and #5 float my boat, but I prefer the kraft-paper colour of #5 for both. I find #4 and #6 … UGLY. They turn me off; sorry to be straight up about it. The fonts are all good choices. And I don’t like the “swinus optimus” on the labels; to me, that’s overkill on the humour of the pig and the name.
    It may not be an “amazing opinion” but it’s an honest one :-)
    ==lennie==

255. Familia 255

I like #1 the best, and #8 second, and #5 third. Swinus Nobilicus sounds better than Swinus Optimus. Cheers!

256. Mai 256

I think number 8 combines all the best facets of the other labels :) Definitely my favorite

257. Warner aka ntsc 257

#3 or #6 with the Latin added.

However Optimus is a superlative so it would be noblest pig

258. LilSis 258

Cathy,
    These are all very well done. I think your designer did an awesome job in making all of these very elegant. I would have to say that I’m torn between #1 and #3. I definitely like the darker paper color and I think I like the smaller pig just a tad more than the larger one.

I’m not much of a wine drinker, but when we entertain, I will occasionally just browse the wine isle and choose a wine based on the label. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of these.

Good luck making your decision! What an exciting time for your family!!

259. I think I’m late in the game here–but I like #1 the best!! I’m drawn the the color and simplicity of that design! Good luck w/ everything!!!!

260. TOM 260

Let them potential customers know it’s only 25 cases!

261. Noble Pig 261

I promise there will be more.

262. I vote for number four.

263. Jany 263

I have to say that number four and number six are my favorite ones; but I keep going back to #6, it’s clean yet elegant; but I have to say that I also looooved the phrase “swinus nobilicus” from label #8; so whichever label ends up being the chosen one should include this phrase; I think is very unique yet sophisticated… Congratulations and best of luck to you!!! also let me tell you that I just loooooove your blog, you are the best!!!:)

264. Alison 264

The first one is by far my favorite. I got a chuckle out of the latin but don’t think it should appear on the label. I don’t like 4 or 6. I think I am partial to the cream color for the background. I think “Oregon” should appear on the label, but only once. The AVA is confusing to those not in the know.

265. Noble Pig 265

Thanks for your feedback, however the AVA is one of the most important designations on a wine label.

266. Josie 266

My favorites are the two that have “swinus ________” on the label – so freaking cute but classy. I like the something extra you notice if you really take the time :) SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

267. I really like the simplicity of number 5. Number eight is fun and playful…great for an Oregon wine I think. :)Thanks for showing us!!

268. Janine 268

# 4 then # 6

269. Melissa 269

I like 7 the best,with second place being a tie between 2 and 4. But- I love them all, anything with a pig wearing a crown I’ll buy.
    When to the tee shits come out?

270. Anna 270

I have to agree…the Latin on the label really, really turns me off. I don’t find it funny, or cute, or tongue-in-cheek…it’s just kind of an “ick” factor for me. Sorry. And in the store, I would probably give your wine a pass for that gut reaction alone.

That said, I DO buy Pinot Noir and I DO specifically look for OREGON Pinots, so that would be nice to see on the label. Labels 1, 2, 5 and 7 fit the bill nicely for that although I prefer the bolder typeset and color of label 1. It would also be nice to see either McMinnville or Willamette Valley somewhere on the label as well.

Thanks for asking!

271. kp 271

number 2!!

272. Julie 272

I like 6 and 8 best, I would tweak the color combo a bit on 6 but I like the direction its going. BTW I read your site everyday, what’s going on with the fence?

273. B. Wall 273

number 3!!

What would it look like with a hand-torn edge, perhaps? Not sure how expensive that is but I’d be curious to see it. I’ve been following this blog for over a year and it’s fantastic to see the first bottles of wine come into fruition. Congrats! This site is inspiring and written from the heart, and I thoroughly enjoy your writing, your photography, and your food. Thanks.

274. Jeff 274

#1

Very nicely done. I think some quick copy on the back to explain why “Noble Pig” and you’re good to go!

Jeff

275. Michelle 275

I think #8 conveys what you are trying to portray of your Pinot. I like the block lettering for clarity. Having the region of Pinot on the front label is good. The simple border keeps it clean and the label color is perfect. The squareness of the label keeps all the information compact without being jumbled, and with one look you take in a significant information about the wine without having to stop and study a label. The pig size on this label is good. Don’t go any larger. The swinus nobilicus offsets it. BTW, I completed my xcountry move a few months ago and have survived the rain here with many bottles of Pinot.

276. Christine 276

I like number 1 or 8 best. With 8 slightly edging 8 out. How exciting!

277. lori 277

I like 3.

278. Definitely 3 and 8. I just think they both look the classiest, but also the warmest and most inviting.

Shirley

279. Gayla 279

#6 Beautiful!

280. Eduardo 280

Number 4, 6 and 7. I really prefer the white ones.

But they all are clean and pretty

281. Cath,
    So many opinions. I am confused now, but I have to say the very first one grabbed me. I love the black border, and elegance, it looked like a wedding invitation, classy and simple. But honestly, they are all terrific! Sorry I am no help!

282. On second thought, can I change my vote?
    I just reviewed them all again, and I like the swinus optimus, so I vote for #3.

283. PG 283

Clearly no lack of opinions..

I like the colour of the first label and the larger size of the pig. I like the simplistic writing on the last label

284. PG 284

Oops — by colour of the first label, I mean — I like the colour of #2 and the writing of #8.

285. Angela 285

I pick number 3, husband picks number 6.
    We are both wine drinkers.

286. Jz 286

#’s 2,7,1 are my favs respectively.

287. First of all, congratulations as you step ever closer to your big dream being realize. These labels will serve you well.

Here’s my take:

1. Favorite of mine: nice scale, elegant, simple and readable
    2. Good, but I like the parchment background better
    3. Favorite of mine if you remove the Swinus Optimus. I like the idea of it, but it detracts from the label design and distracts as maybe too cutesy or trying to hard.
    4 – 6. Come up short for me, four especially looks like an online template was used. Plus I like definitive borders for a more finished look.
    7. Nice — also a favorite, on all levels, just remove the Swinus Optimus,and you’re good to go.

Good Luck and here’s to your first crush!

288. that girl down south 288

I like number 3 but without the latin.

289. Erin M 289

OMG- they are all so good. My favorites are 3, 7 and 8. I think you should make the crown shiny gold- Just a punch of glitz. Love it!

290. How exciting to be choosing a label! My vote is for #2. The larger font on the wine type and lighter paper appeal to me. Can’t wait to see your label in wine shops!

291. Sonia 291

link to online.wsj.com

i was listening to NPR the other day, they had this interview… idk if it’d help any. =]

but man.. that lil pig and it’s crown is so cute. haha.

292. I love them all! Love the one that mentions the case production as that sends a sense of urgency to buy now as these wines are special and limited. Designs I like #4 and #6 and with whichever one is the winner I would add the case production count to the label.

They are all wonderful!

293. Marci Williamson 293

Love 3 – straightforward and simple.
    But. . . .also love 6 for it’s elegance understatement.

294. megan 294

My favorite label is the very last one!

295. Jen 295

I looked at them over and over. Honestly, they are all good. I like #2, and then #1 the best. Good luck!

I am so excited for you Cathy – I can’t wait to come wine tasting! I love, love, love number 6 & 8.

297. kathleen 297

i love number 8

298. kathleen 298

i love number 8!

299. Cindy S 299

My fave is #8

300. Lea Ann 300

After seeing the first one at the top of the post, I could not love any other. My husband is a commercial artist/deisgner by trade, I can’t wait to see which one he picks

301. Linda 301

They’re all great. My favorites are 1, 3, 5 and 8. Have you looked at your favorites on the actual bottles? That’s always a big help. Super job Cathy, that’s all I have to say.

302. Margo 302

LOVE the first one. I would buy it!

303. Robin O. 303

Hey Cathy! Definitely love the aged parchment color and black border of labels 1, 3, and 8. I really like the red font setting off the kind of wine. IMO you really could not go wrong with any of those three. They look elegant, established, formal but fun. I don’t envy you having to choose. I know I would be spending hours analyzing the look of every font combination with different colors or the order in which they should be used. But definitely the darker parchment color, the black double border. Good luck!

304. Danielle 304

Ooh, so many to choose from! My first instinct, my gut, says #1 or #3…and I am seriously leaning on #3…that’s the design that does it for me! With all of these comments I hope it helps with your decision! Good luck!!

305. Nell 305

I really like #3 and #8! What fun.

306. CHERYL 306

#8
    Hope I’m fortunate enough to have a taste

307. Brenda 307

As a designer, I’m choosing #6. That one stood out the most. I like it having 2 different colors on the top and bottom. I also like the curly element across the middle.

308. Taylor 308

I like number eight, but this was a hard choice! They all look great

309. HerbyN 309

I like #3 best.

310. dee 310

I vote for the third label but also the comment made by “fencepost” sounded interesting.

311. Tina 311

I like number one it’s classy and old world. I don’t like the white labels it’s to harsh (generic) with the black pig. I also don’t like the swinus nobilicus there something about it that sounds like your not serious about wine making. My husband and his brother just re-did their labels (Family Tradition Cognac)and it was a lot of hard work good luck!

312. Kt 312

I love the simplicity of the first label option. The sepia coloring adds an old-world quality to it (looks like it’s worth money), and the border surrounding it gives it an elegance and steers the eye to the image of the pig himself- the identifying mark of your vineyard. Finally, the pig image has some playfulness on its own without the tongue-in-cheek Latin at the top (found in label 8).

313. heather 313

i like 1, 5, and 6. 8 is ok too.

314. strah 314

I can’t tell you how much I would love to see the pig facing to the right instead of the left.
    My opinion is that number five is the strongest design. It’s clean and direct. The borders get kind of distracting on the other designs.

315. polga 315

no. 6, it’s the most elegant!

316. HPH 316

Number 8 with the entire “Oregon Pinot Noir” in the cursive font as in number 3 (which is missing the ‘Oregon’). I like Nobilicus better than Optimus.

317. jia 317

number 6. i like how it focuses some attention upon that awesome noble pig logo. all the best!

318. Maureen 318

#3 for no other reason than it speaks to me

319. I like 3, 4 and 6.

320. Susan 320

#6! The two stands out and the squiggly is both royal and pig tail like.

321. Giuseppe 321

Each of them has some excellent elements. The thing that I love of the number one label, its the fact that you are mentioning that its a very limited edition (only 25 cases), in your case probably wants to take that in you advantage. It shows how exclusive you wine can its, and how much can improve the price with the time since of that factor of exclusivity.
    I will probably over look a wine with the label number four, and the label number six, reminds me cheap Chilenean wine ( I have nothing against Chilenean wines, I love them, but it is one that has a label like that, which I will not use even if it was the last bottle in earth ).
    I really like the “Swinus Nobilicus” from the last one. I will probably stick with number one, add few good small things from the other. And maybe I will add a touch of real gold on the crown.

I wish you the best luck on this.

PS. I am big fan of you Blog, lately I am under a strict diet so I am avoiding visit the blog, because you always tempting me to try some of your recipes, and 99% of them are a NO NO on my diet. And I will not ruin your recipes, making them “Healthier”.
    Another thing when you will start to sell the wine, I will love to buy a case or two.

322. Stacy 322

Number 4!!!!

323. Georgeanna 323

Number 7.
    The humor is more pronounced, because of the high contrast background. The clean edges I love because of how eye catching it is. And lastly, The large font aides in a vintage feel, without looking dirty.
    Vintage and modern pulled off simultaneously.
    Well done.
    Number 7 was the only one I kept scrolling back to.

324. Lauren 324

i LOVE number 2!

325. Denise 325

I would pick number 1 because you haven’t used as many typefaces which is a good time. Three typefaces is normally the most you should have. I like the darker background and the logo being closer to the name of what it represents “noble pig”. Picture two works well too and I like the fact that you included where the wine is made.