Grilled flank steak is always a hit around my house and when you add a quick and easy marinade, you've got steak with personality.
I love this recipe because the marinade only needs an hour to work its magic. It will not hurt the steak if it stays on longer. So either last minute or planning ahead gives you great results.
I think it's the combination of ginger, soy and hoisin sauces that really kicks up the flavor and transforms the rich meat into something totally complex.
My family gobbles this down without hesitation, it's just a wonderful quick meal, which I am all about these days!!!
Place flank steak in a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Whisk together mustard, lime juice, Worcestershire, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper until smooth, then pour over steak and turn to coat with marinade. Chill, covered, 1 hour or longer.
The size and thickness of your steak as well as the type of grill you use will determine how long to cook your steak. I used a preheated gas grill, placing the steak over indirect heat (the grill had been sprayed with PAM) for about 10 minutes on each side for medium doneness.
Quick-Marinated Flank Steak
Let the steak stand for 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain. Season to taste with salt.
Other Flank Steak Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Ultimate Asian Flank Steak Marinade ~ Just a Taste
Cumin Marinated Grilled Flank Steak ~ Savory Simple
Grilled Teriyaki Flank Steak ~ Recipe Girl
Beer Marinated Grilled Flank Steak ~ Cookin' Canuck
Cuban Flank Steak ~ Kalyn's Kitchen
One Year Ago: Green Salad with Smoky Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Two Years Ago: Coffin Delivery
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Favorite afternoon snack...Spiralized cucumbers, radishes and grape tomatoes. Topped with my… https://t.co/V9hwjqytvp, 16 hours ago
- Yummy! Skinny Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Pancakes https://t.co/01PQNIGPrq via @BruCrewLife https://t.co/oIEqIAU2jm, 21 hours ago
- Wow! Best Ever Tropical Fruit Salad https://t.co/M7ky9ep3Uw via @Slow_Roasted https://t.co/eewcSWo5Md, Apr 29
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet (ONLY 6 INGREDIENTS!) via @cookierookiebec https://t.co/NfpM8hgo1r https://t.co/I2MgN3UKGi, Apr 28
- Love this #Healthy Breakfast Fruit #Pizza https://t.co/sew5AYrMUq via @Diethood https://t.co/7RgvtVDg2P, Apr 27