The stress that swirls around me lately (getting ready to plant the vineyard being the main cause), and the many other responsibilities I have lurking, makes me crave comfort food. I am so lucky to have some amazing support systems in place, allowing me to bounce things off of them constantly. However, it doesn't take away my pining for comforting, cheesy macaroni.
I wanted something more than the "boxed" stuff my kids insist upon. I wanted lots of cheese, creaminess and flavor. I found it all in this recipe. Not to mention I love ranch dressing, so what could be better than to combine it all here.
This could easily be turned into a meal by shredding in rotisserie chicken. I think that will be my plan next time. Until then I will comfort my cravings with this cheesy dish. It works for me. I think it will work for you too.
Begin by shredding your Monterey Jack, Colby and Parmesan cheeses.
Cook macaroni according to package directions, however, do not use salt in the pasta water.
Meanwhile in a Dutch oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix and seasonings; heat through. Stir in Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream.
Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce with the saltines. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Every bite is packed with flavor.
Ranch Mac & Cheese
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Pumpkin Caramel Bars with #Bacon https://t.co/FVyy3gFfC7 https://t.co/L9w1wJHFo7, 4 hours ago
- Yes please! Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Pie https://t.co/PQfkpc1OnS via @BruCrewLife https://t.co/o23xl8gzvu, 7 hours ago
- RT @RecipeGirl: Amazing! Mocha Pumpkin Fudge Brownies https://t.co/lFXqCZVWz9 via @noblepig https://t.co/5pdFwLIXMN, 10 hours ago
- Dill #Pickle Dip! You need it for #GameDay https://t.co/4apzCLMk8d https://t.co/afFeHmG0N3, 11 hours ago
- Soft Baked #Pumpkin Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies https://t.co/vL6avqR4BR #weekendfood https://t.co/vu0VGs0D29, 13 hours ago