Weekend Fun

Why can't Halloween always fall on a Saturday, it's so much more fun that way!  Here are my vampire and Jango Fett (from Star Wars).  They had so much fun this year.

It's just not Halloween unless
Kitty Litter Cake makes an appearance.

This cake is always great for a good laugh, it actually tastes good, no joke.

However, for those who could not stomach eating Kitty Litter Cake, I made another
Upside Down Apple Pie.

We had to bring wine in a coffin, perfectly fitting for Halloween.

I had a taste for more of the
Blue Cheese Dip with Caramelized Onions.

We partied with friends
and the kids had so much fun together.

Even though my yard is now a sea of fallen, golden ginkgo leaves...

The fuschia's are blooming like crazy.

I think I did better with his makeup than I do with my own every day.

How was your Halloween weekend?

One Year Ago:
Apple Cheese Crisp

1. Di 1

Such fabulous photos today of the kids and the goodies! My favorite time of the year. As for the kitty litter, erm, don’t think I could manage even a taste but it’s sure a fun idea!

Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

2. GREAT photos! Looks like the kids had fun. Great costumes and yes, you did a fab job on the make up!
    The kitty litter cake photos are great. Love the dripping down the side! Ewww.

I can’t get over the kitty box cake – so cleaver and gross. My kids would really LOVE it. The blue cheese/onion dip is calling my name. I am glad you guys had such a fun weekend.

4. annbb 4

Don’t you just love ginkgo leaves? So beautiful both in their green stage and in their yellow stage.
    Looks like a wonderful time was had by all!

5. I am glad you had such a wonderful Halloween since is one of your favorites;) I bet it was so much different than a Cali one!

6. Alta 6

Kitty litter cake…aaah, memories! I love the added touch of the few “tootsie rolls” that are draped over the sides of the litter pan….hilarious!

7. I, too, have featured the kitty litter cake on Halloween! Your rendition is excellent.

That Upside-Down cake looks especially to die for!

8. Amy 8

Hi, just had to write you and tell you I made your cappachino crunch bars today and they were a HIT! It’s been snowing all morning and I promised the kids I’d make them something good for after school. I’m sure this is going to be a huge success here in Norway when I make this for friends and family!
    I adore your site and am often in to see what’s cooking. We’re so limited with what we can get here in Norway so I’m so glad the majority of your recipies can be adapted here! Have a great day!

9. We had a sweet, little trick or treater in the same Jango Fett costume. So cute. I need to make that blue cheese dip.

I love how much you love Halloween!

Especially loved that yard photo with all the beautiful leaves, and those fuschias!!

My weekend was completely boring compared to this.

We had tons of trick-or-treaters this year. They were actually lined up down the sidewalk at one point.

Your boys really do look great! And, I love the wine in a coffin. We actually had Vampire wine this year. I love it!

12. Every year that kitty litter cake makes me want to puke; eating s*** I’m just to literal. (I have 2 real cat boxes blech).
    So my revenge was the meatloaf hand did you ever go and see it?

13. I thought those were ginko leaves on the ground. Are they native to your area?

14. Marlene 14

This made me smile. Thank you for such a happy post…and thank you for your kind words and support.

15. Noble Pig 15

No, they grow in different places all over the world.

16. Lena in VT 16

All the kids are adorable and that Kitty Litter cake is about the funniest thing I’ve ever seen! What another great weekend post, I love these slices of life!

17. Looks like you had a fun night! My kids are too old, and one is away at school, so we didn’t have the whole rush to get dressed and to town and to friends houses. Kind of sad, especially since I couldn’t rob their bags! The pictures are beautiful as always~

18. Looks like you guys had a great time!!

Blah, blah, I vant to drink your blood!!

19. Your little trick or treaters look great–and that is an excellent make-up job!

I made the kitty litter cake too!

20. DANG IT! I remembered you had a wine in a coffin that you had posted a long time ago, but I couldn’t remember what it was called & I couldn’t find it in your archives. I’m going to write this down for next year.

Your Halloween looked awesome and the kids looked great. So much fun!

21. Mary 21

I have never seen cat litter cake before. Interesting. Ha!

Beautiful, fun photos.

I love the ginko leaves. Very pretty.

You know, I am one of those oddball ones that hates to rake the leaves. I like to see them covering the yard when they are bright yellow, red, and orange. I do end up raking. I understand the purpose. They do not stay pretty for long!

22. Lauren 22

I’m not sure if I could quite stomach that cake, but I’m swooning over the pie! It looks like you had a fantastic Halloween =D.

The kids look awesome! Love, love, love the Kitty Cake, grossly hilarious, as all Halloween treats should be! Thanks for another weekend of living vicariously through you!

24. Looks so fun. Although I’m the one that would have to eat the apple cake. But, kudos for creativity.

25. melanie 25

You are so darn creative! This is by far my favorite Halloween post. thanks for sharing.

GREAT costumes, and way too realistic cake. :)

27. Great looking weekend. Great Pics and even better food. Everytime I see that pie, I kick myself saying “I MUST MAKE THAT!”

28. June 28

The boys look amazing, the food incredible (that kitty litter cake is hilarious) and the fuschia’s ..well, they take my breath away.

29. Keary Naughton 29

Made the upside down apple pie last night in a casserole dish ( I could not find my pie plates) it was wonderful.

30. Juliana 30

Nice costume…the kids are adorable :-) And the treats look fun!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh.
    I wanted to make that cake for my class this year.
    It’s so very disgusting.
    Darn.

32. I think you did a great job with the make-up! Love the costumes!
    I’ll bet your yard is beautiful with the ginko leaves and the fuscia blooms. I have got to try that kitty litter cake next year!

33. Mrs.L 33

Your kids looked great for Halloween!

Seriously the vampire is great!

That pie looks TO DIE FOR. Yum.

36. Cath, I love that kitty litter cake so much, I have sent your original post from last year to all my friends……it is FABULOUS!
    Remember in the movie Caddyshack, when the Baby Ruth bar was floating in the pool and everyone yelled out “DOODY!!!”

37. imom 37

Looks like fun was had by all!

38. I don’t know how I missed this post!

Your kids costumes are outrageously great and I’m in love with the rich color of the fallen ginko leaves. Gorgeous!

Looks like you guys had a great weekend!

39. Lisa 39

The crazy cat really makes that kitty litter cake. Too funny!

40. Jack 40

When speaking of Halloween food,I can’t help thinking about a delicious pumpkin soup.Too bad I don’t get a chance to eat it more often.