Weekend Wrap Up

The trees in my yard are showing their Fall colors…

Friday night began innocently enough with a little pizza party.  The local pizza joint makes a garlicky pizza sauce with a little kick.  I love it.  We also drank some of my favorite Oregon beer, Dead Guy Ale from Rouge.  Perfect for Halloween.

Vineyards are busting with grapes to be harvested, most likely this week.

Birthday parties were attended…

Cool farm stuff was everywhere…

Endless and endless and endless amounts of vineyard prep continues…

Some Black Angus Ranch Burgers from a little burger stop in town, Arctic Circle.  There might have been sweet potato fries and pumpkin pie shakes involved…I’m just sayin’…

Speaking of pumpkin pie, I made my first one of the season.

The constantly changing Oregon sky is always breathtaking…

Local farms were visited for fresh produce.  This one is very, very close to my home.

While I was there I picked up some farm stand pumpkins…

Gourds and mini-pumpkins too.

Docile farm dogs named Rex were around for petting.

Nothing beats a beautiful country home…

Or landscape.

Lots of bread was baked.

Our yard continues to function as a deer crossing, but we don’t mind.

How was your weekend?

One Year Ago: Countdown…

1. Beautiful beautiful captures, Cathy, as always.

And the one thing that caught my attention more than anything? How devastatingly adorable your little one is. Mama, oh mama, you are gonna be busy shooing the girls away in a few years. I guess you could always put them to work out in the vineyard…see how long they last. *lol*

2. deeba 2

Wonderful, just wonderful. Love the way you got the essence of the weekend in pictures Cathy! That bread is full of rustic goodness, and I wanna bake pumkpion pie soon too! How sweet your little one is…still poses for pictures! Love the twinkle in his eye! Our weekend was good too.Daughter back fm camping trip in the foothills of the Himalayas, hubs bday, drop dead gorgeous cake…and loads of fun!!

3. What a LOVELY weekend!

4. Kari 4

Wow, gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing!

5. LilSis 5

The photos of your weekend makes me wish that I was better at taking more photos. You’ve captured some gorgeous moments!

6. julie 6

Can I be your neighbor? Seriously. Beautiful country.

OMG. It’s that time already, isn’t it? Time to make pumpkin pies from scratch and eat them for breakfast. Mmm.

Love the look on your boy’s face. :)

8. Sigh. I live in the country but in nothing that compares to THAT house! Beautiful pics as always. And your son? With those eyes-he is soooooo going to be a heartbreaker!

9. oh my makes me wish we were entering Autumn not summer. I love Autumn soooo much, the change of the season is the best one, from sweltering hot to cool nights I love it. Incredible pumpkins and gourds.

10. Oh my! What a lovely weekend! Looks like you did more this weekend than most people do in a whole week!

11. Your bread is gorgeous! And that pie and cute wagon wheel….how wonderful!

I can’t wait until your vineyard gets set up. I’m going to be the first one there!

12. Fun! What a great fall weekend. Stay tuned…I was planning on doing a weekend wrap up on my blog as well!

13. Amanda 13

LOVE all the photos. I’ve never been to Oregon but plan to visit before I leave this Earth. I’m in southern WI and the landscape is very similar, except replace the vineyards with lots of apple trees :) This weekend we shopped for a homecoming dress for my DD and then tie dyed her Powder Puff t-shirt, her game is tonight. The three boys hung out with dad and watched football. Thanks for the beautiful pics!

14. Amanda 14

Forgot to say how gorgeous those loaves of bread are and that the pumpkin pie looks awesome. My DD just asked me for pumpkin pie this weekend. We also made Apple Cider Shakes mmmmmm and my two younger boys had football games this weekend. One of them is now 6 and 0, undefeated! Woot! :)

15. Well, not as exciting as yours. But I’m happy with it.

16. So beautiful and peaceful…

17. Looks like you’re having a great fall in your new home. The baked bread looks amazing.

18. Marlene 18

Your post made me smile…what a wonderful weekend.

19. Lynda 19

What wonderful photos! I love fall for all the reasons you posted….now, if I could get some deer to run through my yard!

20. Lea Ann 20

Cathy, beautiful pictures as always. I think my favorite is the first, the fall leaves.

I saw that Arctic Circle when we were in McMinville, thougnt it looked like one of those places that would serve up a good hamburger, but the INPC had us so full up to the gills all the time, never even came close to hungry enough to stop.

21. Trisha 21

Compared to your weekend – my weekend of reading was boring! I love your photo journal of your activities. I live vicariously through your photos on weekends when I am boring!

22. What a weekend you had! I love all the photos especially the one of the farm wheel. Sweet potato fries sound way yummy and the fresh baked bread looks delicious. Very interesting gourds. I don’t think I’ve ever seen some of those before. I had a pretty interesting weekend attending the last Dalton Raid re-enactment. I invite you to visit my blog for the story: link to okgranny.blogspot.com

This post makes me realize how very special Oregon is. We are very lucky to live in such a beautiful state.

My husband loves Dead Guy ale – it’s his favorite.

24. annbb 24

Sounds like a perfect weekend! How lovely for all of you.

25. Scott 25

Next time your in town you’ve got to try Arctic Circle’s “Lime Rickey.” As a native Oregonian from Tigard, now living in Washington, anytime I am within 20 miles of that place, I’ve got to get a burger and Lime Rickey. I’m usually not a soda fan, but I can’t resist its call.

26. I love these fall pictures. Fall is my favorite season and I feel like it’s going by too fast here. I’m not even decorating this year beyond a couple of mums I bought for the porch.

Do you really think it’s the coffee that’s holding me back on the diet? I have a total of two spoons of sugar and probably 1/3 of a cup of milk a day, split between two cups of coffee. I haven’t used but 1 T. of dressing and some lemon juice the whole time from the allowed condiments. I also don’t drink the milk allowed on some days because it just isn’t any good to me not being whole milk. I think I may try this diet again when I’m not so busy with other things. I haven’t had time to exercise while on this diet and I think that might really improve my results. Oh well. I will probably gain weight on our upcoming trip anyway since we’ll be eating out all the time. At least I’ll enjoy the process.

27. Mary 27

It looks as though you a had a wonderful weekend. The boys look like they fit right in to their new home. That’s nice to see. Have a great day…Mary

Nothing like a docile farm dog, is there. Have the hooligans begun pestering you for a puppy yet? Don’t worry. They will. Especially once you get up to your spacious vineyard.

29. Katrina 29

Gorgeous, fun photos. Great times. I’m from Idaho, so the Oregon pics are close to home!

30. Laurie 30

Your photos are so gorgeous! Looks like you are very happy in your new home. Your bread is stunning.

31. Pumpkin Pie Shakes? Sign me up. Beautiful shots;)

32. Looks like you had a beautiful autumn weekend! Gorgeous photos!

Now that was a very interesting blog along with very nice photos. You do have some very beautiful skies over there. I spend lots of time looking at our skies here at the beach/bay also. However, this weekend, we had torrential rains, and the skies were very cloudy, dark, wind and rain….but now everything is all fresh and clean today with a very bright sun. I know you are enjoying the fall season, I could tell by your photos. Thanks for sharing your weekend activities, as I found it very intersting. I would love to try some of that ale, pumpkin pie that you made, and those Angus burgers. I made some of your Versatile dip yesterday…and of course I made a complete pig of myself….but I will say the combination of the dip and barbecue chips was just fabulous and I could not help myself…I ate the whole thing. Then I walked six miles. lol

I worked the whole weekend. I certainly didn’t have Angus burgers and local beer. Damn you. 😉

35. KathyB. 35

Oh, so beautiful! The countryside there takes my heart.

There are still Arctic Circles? The Arctic Circle in Klamath Falls, Oregon was one of my favorite drive-ins when I was little. Their hamburgers with their special sauce ( I think it was just thousand Island dressing ) were my favorite hamburgers. This was way before I had ever heard of MacDonalds’. I am going to seek out and find that Arctic Circle when we get down your way!

Happy Birthday to the Hooligan!!!

You are living a beautiful life…all the pics are wonderful, keep them coming.

37. elra 37

Wonderful photos, isn’t he photogenic??? Love it Cathy!

38. You had a gorgeous weekend! Mine did not include a pumpkin pie shake, but I so wish it did.

I love your “slice of life” posts!

40. Debbie 40

Such nice pictures…I really enjoyed them. Oregon is certainly a beautiful state. I’ve never been there but would love to visit the west coast one day. I can’t wait to make pumpkin pie…have not made one yet and it’s my son’s favorite! Went to the state fair here in Virginia this weekend and had a great time. Thank goodness the weather held up and was perfect!!!

41. Anna 41

Beautiful!

I love all of your fall photos. Gorgeous! And that mural or painting behind your son is out of this world. More information needed. Please.

43. Donna 43

Did you say pumpkin pie milkshake? I want that.

44. Cheryl 44

What INCREDIBLE colors! Those leaves…the green and the red…and your hooligan’s suppressed laughter..equally colorful.

Feel more ready for fall now. Thank you!

45. Melynda 45

Great stuff, great shots! Thanks for sharing. Artic Circle, are they still around?

46. Mags 46

These photos make me want to move to the country.

And… your son could. not. be. any. cuter.

47. sophia 47

I LOVE how this post just screams out FALL!!! I’m SO ready now, you’ve got me so excited! 😀

48. Leslie 48

Thanks for sharing your photos! Is that a Ballard Design Print I spot behind you little ones head?

49. Looks like a busy but fun weekend. Gorgeous photos!

50. Lisa 50

Beautiful photos! What a wonderful weekend. I saw a deer walking down the street outside my window this week. Seeing them always makes me smile!

51. Sarah 51

My sister in law told me about this site because of some of your recipes. But I really enjoyed looking at your pictures. They are beautiful. You have some great photography skills.

52. imom 52

Gorgeous pictures Cathy! Looks like a fabulous weekend. I did lots of yard work… weeding, weeding and more weeding!

53. OMG what a great weekend! Beautiful scenery, delicious-looking food and cute kids! I realy like the look of that pizza and Dead Guy beer!

54. Gorgeous photos, Cathy! I love it when you share a photo roundup. :-) We had a motorcycle trip on Saturday and a trip to our mtn/river property on Sunday. Both were great. It was a beautiful fall weekend. Rain is moving in this weekend, but I don’t mind as I need a quiet weekend at home to catch up. :-)

Hope you’re having a good week … it’s Halloween month–your fave!

Shirley

55. Cathy you must stop this insanity now; show some photos of junkyards, clearcuts and mall parking lots. You need to slowly unveil the beauty of Oregon as it may be too much for some East Coast readers. The only thing that could be more damaging is to show photos of Washington (state). 😉

56. The food really makes me hungry. It also reminds me of home. I wish go there this Christmas.