Busy, busy, busy is all I can say. We've had lots of visitors over the past week. It's not slowing down though, we're just ramping up for more company over the next twelve days. I've tried to keep up on Facebook but even that is not going as well as I would like.
I've been cooking a lot. Huge meals. There is just no time for pictures when twelve hungry people are waiting on you for lunch and dinner.
Overall, it has been wonderful reconnecting with our old friends in our new place. Paul and Tarri were here yesterday with Paul's parents, Larry and Barbara and all their kids. Good times, good times.
We did a big shrimp boil with all kinds of appetizers, salads and breads. Let's not mention the Sour Cream Fudge Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting (to die for) and lots of Oregon Pinot Noir. It was an awesome meal, so great for entertaining.
We spent the rest of the afternoon at the vineyard property. Both the Wild Boar and I received what seems like an obligatory bee sting...my first ever, his 100th or so. The bees are angry this time of year. Many of their nests have been dug up and they are not happy. Mine is on the arm, the Wild Boar's; on his stomach (the bee crawled into his shirt, ouch!)
On another note, my couch is being delivered today (had it reupholstered). It looks soooooo good (saw it at the shop) in it's new Pecan micro-suede fabric. I love it. My new dining room table and chairs are ready for delivery too. Can't wait for those either.
The Wild Boar bought me an awesome new camera. It was delivered yesterday but I haven't opened it yet. Life is good!
Today also happens to be my birthday for the 38th time...off to play!
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- Seafood tower!! @ Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak https://t.co/H9i6YW0MJU, 51 mins ago
- When breakfast is bigger than your head. Sage Fried Chicken with fresh spinach, hardwood smoked… https://t.co/OPsZ5RAXdk, 13 hours ago
- How cute are these? Jack O'Lantern Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers https://t.co/7OTf0Mqfzz via @CupcakeKaleChip https://t.co/mrPSQyI55S, 14 hours ago
- Heck yes! Cabbage Roll Casserole https://t.co/NxkhvEexBd via @comfortablefood https://t.co/Z3FKfzDBCB, Sep 29
- RT @Dinnersdishes: Sweet Chipotle Chicken Bites - ready in 15 minutes! From @BarefeetKitchen new cookbook! https://t.co/hAOv4gDWre… https://t.co/YJuN381NE6, Sep 29