My Husband Says…

…I have a shoe problem.  (This is the right side of my closet.)

I say I have room for four more pairs up there on the left.  (This is the left side of my closet.)

I think he’s being a bit too persnickety.

I say, Pftttt.

Let’s just be happy they all fit with room to spare.  It’s the little things.

1. Hey, if the person who makes all these fantastic recipes come to fruition, and also has a vineyard and winery in progress, and also is helping 2 hooligans grow up ( along with you ) and deals with all life sends their way, needs to take up most of the closet space for her shoes..well, just give her another closet. She will need it for the mud and muck boots and rain gear the Oregon weather will be sending your way. You too will be needing more closet space for your boots and weather gear!Isn’t life in rainy territory wonderful?

2. Teri 2

If we wear the same size can I come shop? I need shoes for an event later next month. 😉
    Teri

3. “Problem” has such a bad connotation … I’m sure you always look fab in your shoes. I love having different shoe choices. Glad they all fit (with a little room to spare)!

Shirley

4. You don’t have a “problem”. You see shoes, you buy them, no problem.

And may I say that you take the time to store them ever-so-neatly.

5. Julia 5

How can he say you have a problem when you’re so well organized? And based on what I can see, you seem to have a large variety, suggesting that you do in fact need every pair. If I saw repeats, I might question, but I see no problem here.

Looks to me like you have quite the variety here and your feet will be well equipped and fashionably attired for any occasion that may arise!
    So what’s the problem?

7. Di 7

We should ALL have such a lovely problem.
    *smiles*
    The Blue Ridge Gal

8. Alta 8

I say, as long as they’re not in HIS closet, what’s the problem? :)

Hey, I love shoes myself! I wish I had the room to store my shoes like you do!

10. Melynda 10

I just realized why I never developed a “shoe” problem, my shoe size is bigger than the boxes yours are kept in!

Great organization by the way.

11. Marcy 11

LOL! Now if you actually wear them all at different times, thats great – if you collect them, and don’t wear them ,then I see his point. I didn’t know your middle name was Imelda:))
    just kidding!

12. I’m so glad to know I’m not the only woman in the world with a “shoe problem”. And yes…you could definitely fit 4 more pairs up there. Easily.

13. What’s the problem? Those are the neatest shoes I’ve ever seen!

14. Jenny 14

I think he means he has a PROBLEM with the amount of shoes that you have. My man is very happy with only 3 pairs of shoes. The third pair I MADE him get for he owned no sandals. Sneakers with no socks in the summer? YUCK. When he sees me pack for a trip, he shakes his head because I pack like 5 pair. “You only have two feet” Men just don’t understand that shoes for women are an accessory to us!

15. Well organized, easy to find, neatly stacked…

What was the problem again?

16. laura 16

can not…will not… ever… let my daughter see this… she is a shoe ho in training… and at 17 this would… just not be good LOL i can hear her now… what size does she wear… can i have her shoes…. oh mom take me shoe shopping!!!!!! NOW…LOL

17. BCBev 17

I think you can be doubling up with your flats and then you’d have room for waaaaay more shoes!

18. Katrina 18

Fetish or not, I love how you have them each neatly put in their own storage container. You would die if you saw our closet (and I’m not just talking about shoe storage.)
    I love it that you’ll have to go shopping for four more pairs!

19. Well, those are a bunch of shoes – but I say if you have storage – then store away – lol.

I don’t know any fashionable women who don’t have too many shoes, myself included. If you get rid of any, you’ll have to replace them with new ones. It’s a rule…

21. Oh you definitely have room for 4 more pair! I’m amazed at how organized you are–I might be hitting you up for tips soon!!

22. Chris 22

I have plenty of addictions to material things, but shoes has never been one of them. The reason – Size 11, AAA width. I don’t think that there exist in the world as many unique shoes in my size as you have in your closet! I say if you can afford them and have room to store them, you don’t have a problem.

23. imom 23

There is no such thing as having too many shoes! In fact, “too many” and “shoes” should never been in the same sentance!

24. Marlene 24

OMG…that is a lot of shoes. Are you related to that Imelda Marcos woman?

25. More than agree with imom!

My hubby has learned to not ever, no not EVER, comment about the shoes. For every comment about my shoes, he loses a tie.

The man has enough ties to supply each man in the state of Maine with his very own. It’s a sickness I tell you!

The ties that is, not the shoe! No, not the shoes.

26. Sarah 26

If they are all nicely stacked and put away, why is he complaining?? Whining is only allowed if they’re in HIS space.

27. elra 27

Aren’t we all?
    My husband even loves to count them, not just shoes, also bags, lol.

28. Betty 28

I absolutely love your organizational skills. The shoes are wonderful too. Do you love each and every pr? “&” wear all of them occassionally?Keep up the good work. No Whining on the part of
    the Wild Boar then.

29. Rachel 29

Too many shoes????? Does that exist? I have two shoe hangers with two pairs in each pocket!!

30. Julie 30

Doesn’t look like you have a problem to me…you’re very organized. You’d have even less of a problem if he would give up part of his closet space for you to have more shoes :)

31. Kathy 31

Cathy~you are my kind of girl!! First, you can never have enough shoes (or bags)and second, I LOVE your organizing skills!! (: btw..I’ve been “following” you for quite awhile, this is my first “comment”…I just couldn’t resist!(:

32. Mary 32

I suspected you were well organized. Now I know :-).

I don’t think I’d call that a problem, it looks pretty under control to me. Organized, neat… heh. 😉

34. Tanya 34

I love how all of your shoes are in their own Rubbermaid container (matching containers on top of that!) and stacked so neatly. With all that you do, you deserve all those shoes!

35. Familia 35

wow! for all those lovely shoes, but double wow! for the organization of it all!

36. June 36

Mmm – you shoes, me cookbooks. No problems there – how many pods did you say you needed for the move? Tee,hee!By the way have you ever tried zappos.com. Amazing way to shop for shoes with next day delivery and no, I’m not on commission.

37. jamie 37

and i would say you probably weeded out a few for the move…….you little shoe diva you :)

38. Ruthanne in Seattle 38

LOVE.THEM.

I see room for a few more pairs too!

39. LilSis 39

Problem? Ha! He should consider himself lucky to share a closet with someone so neat and organized, right?

40. Steph 40

You are so organized!

41. My shoes still live in their store boxes…

We had sliders yesterday! Sweet Wounded Wuffles were they good!

42. Sara 42

I am impressed by your organization skills!

Even the most educated man is an idiot who knows from nothing about shoes. Fortunately, my dearly beloved is trained to just shut up about shoes. I wish I’d organize my shoes. Let’s just say they’re lined up, sort of…

44. No woman can have too many shoes…or purses! And to be so organized-I can’t believe he commented at all!

45. leslie 45

Cathy..no need to worry..I am a shoe ho and proud of it!

46. Cheryl 46

Were it not for excruciating budget limitations (and the li’l Netbook I’ve got my eye on…) I’d be indulging in some shoes me-self. Let The Boar know he should thank his lucky stars that you’ve got them stored so artfully. Mine are strewn about haphazardly. (and I can’t cook worth a lick….he’s got it good, and he knows it!) 😉

47. An organized closet is a beautiful thing.

48. Bellini 48

You are a budding Mrs. Marcos for sure…and look how organized:D

Omigoodness. I think I own 9 pairs of shoes? And wear 3 or 4 pair.

50. Biz 50

Ha – that is too funny! I am the anti-Cathy – I have exactly four pairs of shoes – gym shoes, flip flops, nice slip ons if I have to “dress up” and a casual pair of slip ons I wear every day to work. 😀

Um, pretty sure your london broil looks amazing!!!

51. annbb 51

I have a problem…you JUST MOVED! How can you possibly be THAT organized already??

And after you answer that, please go out and buy 4 more pairs of shoes. I just cannot tolerate imbalance! 😉

52. The only shoe PROBLEM is not having enough….

Also, I have closet organizers that I never use, shoe boxes that I’ve ‘saved’, and I even bought a polaroid camera at one point to do that whole exterior labelling thing….but didn’t. I envy your organization.

53. Debbie 53

I LOVE shoes…my very favorite thing to buy!!! I just wish I were shorter so I could wear heels. I am 5’8″ and although I love heels I don’t wear them. But I have tons of flats!!! Must be a “girl” thing….

54. Stacy 54

In my opinion I think the only “shoe problem” is not having enough of them!!! My husband says they same thing! MEN!!!! I think men are the same way but usually when it comes to having 9,000 khaki pants, t-shirts, jeans and white shirts. Eye roll- (in the most loving manner of course!!)

55. Well at least they are nice and neat and you can find them all! I am not a shoe person, don’t know why but I should do better! Very impressive collection you have there!

56. If being neatly stacked is the problem, I wish I had it!

57. Well, I admire an organized and tidy “problem.” Yo go girl! : D

58. Hey, at least they’re very organized! That makes it seem much less like a problem.

59. Beth 59

I dont’ see what the problem is?

60. *Whew* I just had a lot of reading to catch up on. I’ve been away from the computer most of the holiday weekend. I have been in withdrawal from some of these blogs. I’ll sum up everything Ijust read in one comment.

1. No one had better complain that I have too many shoes. You totally outdo me. Thank you for making me look sane. 😉

2. London broil? Yes please. Thanks for giving in to everyone’s demands and posting the recipe. All that sesame looked so wonderful.

3. Your kids looked like they had so much fun with those fireworks. The fireworks went off in my heart when I saw your cupcakes!

61. Cassie 61

OMG I am so with you sister! I have a shoe fetish! LOVE shoes! I have a nice giant closet dedicated to the shoes. It’s a shrine really. A shoe shrine.

62. I wouldn’t say that is a shoe problem. But boy, is that a lot of shoes!
    You could give my mother-in-law a run for her money.
    I say pffftttt, too.
    Just curious, does he have a lot of one thing that he collects? If so, I would remind him of it. tee hee

Perfectly organized shoes all boxed up like that is not a problem!! That is a thing of beauty. And yes, it does look like you need 4 more pairs.

64. Donalyn 64

Oh my gosh Cathy – I don’t think I’ve owned that many pairs of shoes in my whole life put together! More power to ya!

65. Kristin 65

I have a pair of black pumps, for dress up occasions and two pair of tennis shoes for every day. LOL My husband has about 14 pair of shoes (although it could be 20 or more by now) and he takes up about 3/4 of our closet with his clothes hahaha He has the problem in our house!

I love that you have your shoes so organized.

66. My motto: You can’t be too rich, too thin, have too many shoes or too much chocolate.

67. hungry 67

68. erin 68

Um, that’s crazy. If I could write the word crazy really, really small I would but it just looks all regular in this white box.

69. Wow how organized! Impressive and I like the idea of using those bins. I think I’ll do the same. You know we already know you are a great cook and here you are keeping all these cool ideas to yourself, expand I say!

70. Beth 70

Wait, that’s not normal? In my old apartment my much bigger closet looked the same, except in the front of every box was a picture of the shoes. The shoes were placed in the photo so there was a top and side view. I was out of work for 7 months, what do you expect?!

71. I don’t think anyone could ever have too many shoes. 😉 (As verified by many here)
    Looooooove your blog btw. I’m a new comer to your blog, but will definitely be coming back. You’re on my blogroll. 😉

72. Kayola 72

oh my stars…..you and my sister….she has them boxed with pictures of the shoes on the outside of the box…and she won a prize in Burbank years ago for having tons…

which is your favorite pair to wear when you are baking all of your yumminess???? I am a barefoot gal….not cool I know….but when I’m home..that my fave.

73. tracy-in-ks 73

I COVET your shoe boxes….and the fact that you can store your shoes on the shelves. I HAD to show that picture to Live-in-love. Just to put what he deems as my problem with shoes into perspective! After seeing his reaction I think I can safely buy MORE!
    I thank you and Mastercard thanks you!

There is no such thing as too many shoes. Or purses. Or makeup. No really, no such thing.
    That applies to cookbooks too.