...this is sooooooooooo for you. Why is it simple? Because there are no long rise times and your dough hook is going to do all the work while you read a magazine. I did.
Even if you have never made bread, you will not screw this up.
I saw this recipe for Honey Whole Wheat Bread over at Baking and Boys and was impressed at how easy it looked. Katrina used whole wheat flour while I used white whole wheat flour. Either way, it's way better than store bought sandwich bread.
What I like most, if I use all the bread at breakfast time, I can make up a batch to be ready for lunch. It's that easy and quick.
So give it a try, you will love it.
In the bowl of your stand mixer combine 3 cups white whole wheat or whole wheat flour, 2 packages of yeast (I used active dry) and 1 Tablespoon vital wheat gluten. Add 2-1/2 cups of warm water (not hotter than body temperature) and mix until combined. Let stand 10 minutes.
In a small bowl combine 1/3 cup canola oil, 1/3 cup honey, 1-1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice and 1 Tablespoon table salt. Add the oil-honey mixture to the flour mixture and mix untl combined. Add in the additional 3-1/2-4 cups flour (this means, start with 3-1/2 and if it's too wet add more) and mix. Knead the dough for 10 minutes with the dough hook.
When it's done divide the dough evenly into two loaves. Place the dough into two loaf pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with a clean dish towel and let rise for 30 minutes.
Brush with an egg white before placing in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.
Then smother with butter.
Easy Honey Whole Wheat Bread
One Year Ago Today: Potty Talk
Subscribe by emailEnter your email address in the box below to receive notifications directly to your inbox each time there is a new blog post!
TWEETS @ noblepig
- EASY Fajita Salad https://t.co/a1NfBRBMSj via @iheartnaptime https://t.co/o2RpHERwdj, May 25
- Celebrate Spring with these #Italian Lemon Drop Cookies https://t.co/gzneKNs4xO via @wishesNdishes https://t.co/LGUSrRHUll, May 24
- Dinner perfection! Slow Cooker Pork Roast https://t.co/ZRaNq6hWOW via @Dinnersdishes https://t.co/T4GB7qA0nH, May 23
- The possibilities are endless. https://t.co/7TZL0g4bvF, May 22
- This dish is really packed high, meaning the portions are large! It's also perfect 4 leftovers at the office. https://t.co/LbRjs9n0fB, May 22